SeaMonkey funny after updating Slacko

Using applications, configuring, problems
8-bit

#1 Post by 8-bit »

I was running Slacko 5.3.1 and updated to Slacko 5.3.3.
Now when I open Seamonkey, the indicator shows it as running full screen, but it, Seamonkey's window, does not reach the top of the screen and I have to physically drag the top edge of the window to the top edge of the screen.
Is this a Slacko problem, or a Seamonkey update problem.
Seamonkey version is now 2.14,

npierce

#2 Post by npierce »

Hi 8-bit,

I'm currently running Slacko 5.3.3, and it does not open SeaMonkey to full-screen for me. It is a large window (larger than the usual for previous Puppies), but it is not quite full-screen. It does go to full-screen when I click the button on the title bar.

I am using Slacko's default JWM for my window manager. Are you using something else?
8-bit wrote:. . . the indicator shows it as running full screen . . .
What indicator is that?

8-bit

#3 Post by 8-bit »

The indicator I was talking about is the icon in the title bar on the right that allows one to select window or full screen.
When I start Seamonkey in Slacko 5.3.3, that indicator icon is showing full screen.
But there is space at the top of the window and clicking on that icon does not reduce the window size.
Also, clicking on that icon again does not go to full screen with the space above still there unless I manually drag the top of the title bar to the top of the screen.
And it looks to me like the resolution is messed up with it.
I say this because the window is short in height and wider than the screen resolution I have set.
It is almost like with the resolution I have set of 1280x1024 that Seamonkey is trying to use a resolution of 1024x1280 (reversed) to display.

npierce

#4 Post by npierce »

This sure is a strange one. I'm curious: when you first open SeaMonkey and right-click on the title bar, does the menu that pops up have an entry for Maximize or Restore (or neither or both)?