how do i record ISO from game cd ? solved

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
buford

how do i record ISO from game cd ? solved

#1 Post by buford »

i have pburn 3.4.1 .I see this would be simple if i had the new pburn at least if it was in a .pet so i could install and use it.

My goal is to get this done without devoting 3-12hours in learning things i will soon forget :D
Im sure if i was a master at searching forums it would seem possible to find instructions but if i search "iso" or "create iso" the forum just brings up everything i dont want.

My biggest hope is some helpful person will just give me a link to either a "how to" or a pburn.pet which is capable.
thanks.

maybe its possible to use isomaster, but so far, no luck :(

currently running puppy 528 official build. trying to back up a few games like diablo 1, starcraft 1. single cd games to ISO so i will have them if i lose the CDs .
Last edited by buford on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Open a folder where you have lots of space - probably not inside your savefile.

Load the CD and type a command like this

Code: Select all

dd if=/dev/sr0 of=diablo.iso

buford

#3 Post by buford »

WOW, you are amazing. I always love it when i can write a novel of my problems and someone comes along with a brilliant one-liner. This is totally working as far as i can see.

the only question i have is do i need to vary this code for a dvd? or same code regaurdless of dvd vs cd?

8-bit

#4 Post by 8-bit »

It depends on what device your DVD shows up as.
You just edit that line that rcrsn51 provided by substituting the device shown for your DVD drive for the one following the "dd if=".
The destination for the ISO file must have enough space for the CD or DVD you are making a backup of though.
Also, make sure the destination device is mounted.
You should not mount the CD/DVD device though.