Slacko 5.4 on laptop suspending problem

Booting, installing, newbie
liro

Slacko 5.4 on laptop suspending problem

#1 Post by liro »

When I first started using Puppy earlier this year, I originally decided to use Wary, thinking it might be more suitable for my oldish laptop (IBM Thinkpad X31), but eventually changed to Slacko 5.3.3, which has run fine for me since.

One of the main reasons I stopped using Wary was due to a problem with "suspension" on closing the laptop lid. It would suspend okay, but on reopening the lid it wouldn't wake up again, leaving me with a black screen and having to reboot. After spending too much time messing about with the ACPI settings, I eventually gave up and started using Slacko instead.

Now... I've just tested out Slacko 5.4 and unfortunately this same suspension problem I had with Wary has reappeared in the newer version of Slacko.

Does anyone know what has changed from Slacko 5.3.3 to Slacko 5.4 for this problem to have come back? (and if so, how I can fix it). If there's no simple solution, I think I'll just stick with 5.3.3 for now...

Thanks.

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

Hi liro

I recommend you report it as a bug here-
Slacko-5.4 feedback and bug reports

It may have something to do with some build options in Woof2.

Out of interest, which Wary version were you using?

liro

#3 Post by liro »

Hi darkcity, thanks for the reply. I'll post the problem in that thread now as recommended. Btw, the Wary version I was using was 5.3.