FreeMemApplet Related Icons?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
theinfamousj

FreeMemApplet Related Icons?

#1 Post by theinfamousj »

I'll start by admitting that it is my fault ... I deleted - don't ask me how, as I'm not really too sure - the images/icons/graphics associated with the FreeMemApplet.

As you can see from the attached partial screen shot, there is still a lovely little space for the useful graphic indicators, but no graphics in that space.

Can anyone be so kind as to send me the files that belong and tell me what path to use to replace them on my system? I'd be much obliged!
Attachments
FreeMemApplet.png
(8.23 KiB) Downloaded 653 times

tallboy

#2 Post by tallboy »

My freememapplet icon has a habit of disappearing when I set the clocktype from 12 to 24 hour. I open htop, kill freememapplet, open the jwm configuration manager, restart jwm, and it pops into it's place again! My personal magic, I don't know if it works for you. 8)

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

theinfamousj

#3 Post by theinfamousj »

tallboy wrote:My freememapplet icon has a habit of disappearing when I set the clocktype from 12 to 24 hour. I open htop, kill freememapplet, open the jwm configuration manager, restart jwm, and it pops into it's place again! My personal magic, I don't know if it works for you. 8)

tallboy
I tried your solution, but alas, it did not work. Still have a nice visual gap where the images should be.

`f00

#4 Post by `f00 »

hello the infamousj
dunno about full install, but this should do for a frugal or multisession..

/initrd/pup_r02/.. is your original pup (read-only), you can usually copy oem dirs/files from there to your running pup (unless your running pup has a .wh* whiteout that interferes)

freememapplet_tray is likely in..
/usr/bin, /usr/sbin or possibly /usr/X11R7/bin or similar

possibly the correct path(s) are listed in /root/.packages/built-ins/<freememapplet-pkg>

If that doesn't work for you, there should be a dotpet for it somewhere in the ppm or at ibiblio

CatDude

Re: FreeMemApplet Related Icons?

#5 Post by CatDude »

theinfamousj wrote:I'll start by admitting that it is my fault ... I deleted - don't ask me how, as I'm not really too sure - the images/icons/graphics associated with the FreeMemApplet.
I'm not sure if that is even possible,
as i believe (though i may be wrong) they are compiled into the binary file: /root/Startup/freememapplet_tray

Does the above file exist :?:
theinfamousj wrote:As you can see from the attached partial screen shot, there is still a lovely little space for the useful graphic indicators, but no graphics in that space.
If you hover your mouse over that space, does it display the usual information about how much space you have left etc :?:

As you do not mention your Puppy version,
i hazarded a guess at Lupu-525 (by looking at previous posts of yours).

Attached is a copy of the /root/Startup/freememapplet_tray file pulled from that version.
Just unpack it and replace (if it exists) your current one.

CatDude
Attachments
Lupu-525-freememapplet.tar.gz
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

01micko

#6 Post by 01micko »

Hi

Here is the source for the latest freememapplet_tray in slacko-5.4 which should be very similar to the lupu version, however it will likely need to be compiled in lupu. I haven't a lupu install on hand to do it at the mo. There is a slacko binary in the package which you can try in any puppy with absolutely no guarantee that it will work.

This fixes a known bug with full installs (we hope).
Attachments
freememapplet_tray-2.4-patched.tar.bz2
SOURCE code, needs compiling, compile script included, which of course needs the devx.
(8.02 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

theinfamousj

#7 Post by theinfamousj »

CatDude wrote:as i believe (though i may be wrong) they are compiled into the binary file: /root/Startup/freememapplet_tray

Does the above file exist :?:
Yes, that file still exists.
CatDude wrote:If you hover your mouse over that space, does it display the usual information about how much space you have left etc :?:
Yes, it behaves completely as normal, minus the visual indicator in my task bar.
CatDude wrote:As you do not mention your Puppy version,
i hazarded a guess at Lupu-525 (by looking at previous posts of yours).
Ah, on my machine I do have Lupu-525, but this is on my mother's machine where she is sporting Lupu-511.

And given that it is my mother's machine, that is all the more reason to fix this and quickly. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. (This is what I get for going home for the holidays.)

theinfamousj

#8 Post by theinfamousj »

Thank you to CatDude and 01micko for attempting to help me. Sadly, neither of your attached versions restored the graphical icon, though both worked with the hover and click functions of the applet.

Any other ideas?

rjbrewer

#9 Post by rjbrewer »

theinfamousj wrote:I'll start by admitting that it is my fault ... I deleted - don't ask me how, as I'm not really too sure - the images/icons/graphics associated with the FreeMemApplet.

As you can see from the attached partial screen shot, there is still a lovely little space for the useful graphic indicators, but no graphics in that space.

Can anyone be so kind as to send me the files that belong and tell me what path to use to replace them on my system? I'd be much obliged!
The space next to the clock is where cpu use indicator is located; not the freemem applet.

Inspiron 700m, Pent.M 1.6Ghz, 1Gb ram.
Msi Wind U100, N270 1.6>2.0Ghz, 1.5Gb ram.
Eeepc 8g 701, 900Mhz, 1Gb ram.
Full installs