pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
01micko

#1501 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:Geoffrey & sheldonisaac
It is Barry that has made the gtkdialog2/3/4. I assumed he go for gtkdialog5 next time he updates gtkdialog in woof.
gtkdialog4 is (by Barry) set to version 0.8.0, so pMusic can not call for gtkdialog4 as it requires gtkdialog 0.8.2....[chop]
This is exactly why Slacko ships 1 and only 1 gtkdialog executable. There are symlinks from that to gtkdialog3 & 4.

Geoffrey (and Elroy). As distro maintainers you have got to try and follow KISS (not the band :wink: ) with some things. I made the decision (was called "brave" by Barry too :lol: ) to chop old gtkdialog-0.7.21 (aka "gtkdialog3") and fix whatever broke. Fortuitously, what broke was minimal.

When Thunor announces the next stable gtkdialog (likely 0.8.4) Slacko will ship, and recommend retrofitting, that version.

Apologies Sigmund for brief hijack.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

sheldonisaac

#1502 Post by sheldonisaac »

01micko wrote: I made the decision ...to chop old gtkdialog-0.7.21 (aka "gtkdialog3") and fix whatever broke. Fortuitously, what broke was minimal.
That emboldened me to remove the "real" gtkdialog5 (it's actually a copy of gtkdialog [ver 8.2]) from /usr/bin

I made a symlink there for it.

Pmusic 3.0.5 started up OK.

There remain older ones in /usr/sbin:
  • 82588 2005-09-10 18:20 /usr/sbin/gtkdialog2
    134332 2011-07-04 08:46 /usr/sbin/gtkdialog3
    191988 2011-09-26 08:45 /usr/sbin/gtkdialog4
    37 2012-11-27 21:51 /usr/sbin/gtkdialog5 -> /usr/local/GtkDialog/082/gtkdialog082
(Hm. Why is
249264 2012-11-03 21:53 /usr/local/GtkDialog/082/gtkdialog082
bigger? )

(I have a vague recollection that something, perhaps package manager, here in Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 looks for gtkdialog4)

zigbert

#1503 Post by zigbert »

Flash wrote:May I suggest that one of the presets be Audio book? (mp3 mono, either fixed bit rate of 32 kbps....
Will add.

Thank you
Sigmund

zigbert

#1504 Post by zigbert »

oldyeller wrote:Hello,

I have installed this in Precise 5.4.2 retro along with my gtkdialog pet and it works nice

Thanks
I am glad you mention this. I am not in the position to test all Puppies.

Thank you
Sigmund

zigbert

#1505 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:Apologies Sigmund for brief hijack.
You are very welcome :D

I think I drop support for gtkdialog(x) and go for gtkdialog only. Even if someone wants to use gtkdialog(x), the plain gtkdialog should be the latest. - That sounds logical to me.

Sigmund

recobayu

fade effect

#1506 Post by recobayu »

Hi zigbert, this pmusic is very great! i'm very like it. gtkdialog programming can do all of this. by the way, i have an idea about changing song from a song to next song. how if the volume going down automatically in 5 second before a song tobe end and about 3 second before ending song, the next song in playlist being play and the volume increase from 0 to real volume. I got it from jet audio. the fading effect is so cool. how if that effect come to pmusic? i think it's give more powerfull of pmusic. :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1507 Post by Flash »

As long as the fading could be turned off. I'd hate to miss even one note of this song. :)

zigbert

Re: fade effect

#1508 Post by zigbert »

recobayu wrote:Hi zigbert, this pmusic is very great! i'm very like it. gtkdialog programming can do all of this. by the way, i have an idea about changing song from a song to next song. how if the volume going down automatically in 5 second before a song tobe end and about 3 second before ending song, the next song in playlist being play and the volume increase from 0 to real volume. I got it from jet audio. the fading effect is so cool. how if that effect come to pmusic? i think it's give more powerfull of pmusic. :D
Fading in/out requires a realtime audio process. This is (atm) not supported by 'ffmpeg | aplay' which is our simple play-engine.

Don't worry Flash. :)
It would never be default.

Sigmund

scabz

#1509 Post by scabz »

i just tried to rip a audio cd and it just ripped the cd to blank files with track names in pmusic and pcdripper. i am still in precise beta 5 using pmusic 3.0.2 and using a self compile of gtkdialog-0.8.2.

here is a pic

cd ripped fine using asunder but would like to use pmusic for most of my needs.

sheldonisaac

#1510 Post by sheldonisaac »

scabz wrote:i just tried to rip a audio cd and it just ripped the cd to blank files with track names in pmusic and pcdripper. i am still in precise beta 5 using pmusic 3.0.2 and using a self compile of gtkdialog-0.8.2
I had never ripped using pmusic, but now have tried.

Canceled the ripping when it started on track 2 (didn't see how to rip only selected tracks)
Found a couple of oddly-named files, eg CD-track_cdda:2somethingorother.wav

I figure the larger one was a complete track. After I renamed it to CD-track1.wav I could click it in ROXfiler , and it played.

That's all I know, thus far.
============

The ripping was with Pmusic 3.0.5 standard install under 'line-lite puppy ver 003

pemasu

#1511 Post by pemasu »

Pmusic-3.0.5 in Upup Precise. The ripping of cd music audio succeeded just fine. No problems.

zigbert

#1512 Post by zigbert »

Ripping works also here in Slacko 5.3.3.
So. I wonder.... Are there things that are not logical, that could lead to some misunderstanding? I am reworking the export gui, so it would be nice if any has some thoughts about this.

Sigmund

8-bit

#1513 Post by 8-bit »

I have used,successfully I may add, using PMusic to rip songs from internet radio stations and have it separate each song.
I have also burnt a CD with the extra information of song title and artist included.
On my Wife's CD player in her car that has a digital readout, when the song plays, it shows the title and artist on the digital display instead of track#.
Your success may vary though depending on the cd player.
Oh, almost forgot.
I used Pburn to make the CD.

sheldonisaac

#1514 Post by sheldonisaac »

8-bit wrote:I have used,successfully I may add, using PMusic to rip songs from internet radio stations and have it separate each song.
Thanks, I'll try again soon to rip; maybe convert to MP3, rather than the strangely-named WAV files.
I have also burnt a CD with the extra information of song title and artist included.
I recall Sigmund saying that we have no control of what the station sends, so may have the composer in the artist tag?

zigbert

#1515 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.0.6
See main post

Changelog
- Remove locales file
- Bugfix: Burn content of playlist (Playlist-menu).

scabz

#1516 Post by scabz »

the problems i had above was that the ffmpeg i had was bad, i compiled ffmpeg 1.0 and all works well now. Sorry for the bad report.

01micko

#1517 Post by 01micko »

Sigmund

Small Christmas present for you (in time for 3.1?).

I figured out how to toggle the icon for pause/play in the tray app, very simple really once I realised all you do is switch the icons for the main gui, of course the tray app can use it too. About one minute's work after I realised. :lol:

Attached is a tarball containing the 32 bit binary and the source code. Seems working ok for me.

Cheers

Attachment removed, see later post.
Last edited by 01micko on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#1518 Post by zigbert »

That's great Mick

I have updated plugin thread - Try app

pMusic 3.1 is a bit further into the future. It require updates of gtkdialog and probably ffmpeg. Being on the dependency-edge is a good place to be for the developer, but not the best place for the user, so I plan to wait until at least gtkdialog-0.8.3 settles.

Thanks a lot
Sigmund

01micko

#1519 Post by 01micko »

Ok, so we wait some for 3.1

One thing about the new tray icon, the icon needs to be in a fixed path for the C code so it is hard coded to "/root/.pmusic/tmp/icon_playpause.png". "$HOME" doesn't work. This makes it unfriendly to multiuser systems. I'll have a think about how to get around this in the future, so it may be wise to keep the older version available for multiuser systems for now.

zigbert

#1520 Post by zigbert »

Mick
Would it help if $WORKDIR was set in the rc-file or in a separate file?

Sigmund