Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Cannot Add new Packages to my Customise Puppy Linux
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
powelltallen

PostPosted: Wed 19 Dec 2012, 09:32    Post subject:  Cannot Add new Packages to my Customise Puppy Linux
Subject description: FreeRDP and Remmina Could Not Be Added to my Customised ISO

Dear ALL,
I installed "FULL" puppy versions 5.4.2 and 4.3 and tried to add freerdp-x11, libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard and remmina-plugin-rdp under PKGS_SPECS_TABLE variable in the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-debian-squeeze file for version 5.4.2 Puppy Linux, and I got error that remmina-plugin-rdp is not recognised but no complain about all the freerdp and its library files. Hoever when I built the distro and burnt it onto my CD, I could not get the freerdp package that runs. I only saw a director /usr/lib/freerdp with .so files in it.

Please how can I add my customised packages to puppy linux. I have used both the command line woof/bones tools and the GUI ./woof_gui and I got the same results.

I added my packages like this:

Code:
yes|freerdp-x11|libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard|exe,dev,doc,nls
yes|remmina-plugin-rdp|exe

I successfully created the kernel and the ISO files and burnt it and is working fine, except my added packages are not there. I have also used the package manager to add the packages I want, but I want my packages to appear in my customised puppy linux when I burn the ISO.
Any help is appreciated.
Powell
darkcity

PostPosted: Sun 30 Dec 2012, 16:27    Post subject:  

Hi powelltallen

welcome to the forum Cool

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve, and therefore what to recommend.

Are you building a custom version of Puppy from woof?

It may be easier to use a ready-made version, add the programs you require and then remaster the base sfs
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/remastering

Not sure if the process is different for full install, personally I prefer frugal. More info here
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/FrugalOrFullInstallation

npierce

PostPosted: Mon 31 Dec 2012, 09:51    Post subject:  

I've never built a Puppy from Woof, so don't know much about it, but I did notice that the second of your PKGS_SPECS_TABLE lines only has three fields, while the first has four fields.
powelltallen wrote:
I added my packages like this:

Code:
yes|freerdp-x11|libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard|exe,dev,doc,nls
yes|remmina-plugin-rdp|exe

It looks like you have placed "exe" in the "pkgnames" field instead of the "splitup" field.

Documentation for the format of PKGS_SPECS_TABLE can be found in recent versions of DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-* files. See also Barry's blog entry: Woof progress: magic 'findpkgs' script
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: