how to make the following woof scripts?

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
bark_bark_bark

how to make the following woof scripts?

#1 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Hello I have giving up on trying to learn how to script without knowing all the internals of a language. I need these scripts to make a Tinycore Puppy. I actually need to be able to also integrate these scripts into woof format.

What I need the scripts to do

1) generate a puppy format package database file based on the packages on the server since tinycore has no pkg database file.

2) convert the tinycore packages to a format that woof can use to add in the puplet.

That is all I can think of.

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

pupngo had something to use tinycore already.
the packages are just squashfs images, so the work fine with puppy if you just rename them to sfs and use one of a million sfs-on-the-fly loaders
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

bark_bark_bark

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I know that but the problem the only problem is that pupngo's TC uses an older TC where I want to use a more modern TC.

goingnuts

#4 Post by goingnuts »

Although it might be used as a starting point? - that is if you don't want to load the packages as simple sfs-add-ons...

bark_bark_bark

#5 Post by bark_bark_bark »

still there is another problem with that. pupngo has to old of a kernel to run it on my only pc (which is a netbook from Nov 2011). But I wonder if I can add to TC 4.x's tce-load and scm-browser, a script to convert tcz/scm to .pet/.sfs?

Why?

I can build a cli Racy with the modified TC4 GUI, Puppy Package Manager (still lurking in the cli interface), A mix of puppy and TC packages, and more.

amigo

#6 Post by amigo »

"mix of puppy and TC packages, and more" -a sure recipe for disaster.

bark_bark_bark

#7 Post by bark_bark_bark »

that maybe, it would be worth trying.