How do I use Password Gorilla "bin" file?{Solved}

Using applications, configuring, problems
Dookus
Location: now living in wonderful Stanmore, inner western suburb of Sydney Australia, where the sun shines nic

How do I use Password Gorilla "bin" file?{Solved}

#1 Post by Dookus »

Have downloaded Password Gorilla as it supports the database of Password safe, a program I have been using for many years, need a guide to installing "bin" files.
read the beginners section and did not find one there, though reading the howto use the command line was worthwhile.

If I have missed what I'm looking for, could someone please direct me to the section I need.

Many thanks.

D
Last edited by Dookus on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

RetroTechGuy

Re: How do I use a "bin" file?

#2 Post by RetroTechGuy »

Dookus wrote:Have downloaded Password Gorilla as it supports the database of Password safe, a program I have been using for many years, need a guide to installing "bin" files.
read the beginners section and did not find one there, though reading the howto use the command line was worthwhile.

If I have missed what I'm looking for, could someone please direct me to the section I need.

Many thanks.

D
Not sure... I'm running Gorilla under tclkit, which works fine.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=58615]Add swapfile[/url]
[url=http://wellminded.net63.net/]WellMinded Search[/url]
[url=http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html]PuppyLinux.US Search[/url]

muggins

#3 Post by muggins »

If you download gorilla15363.bin, (or gorilla15363_64.bin for 64-bit), then, as it's a self-contained binary, you don't need anything else to run it, just make it executable by right-click & select Permissions>Yes.

I don't know what format Password safe files are in, but perhaps you could copy, or symlink, the gorilla binary to /usr/bin/gorilla , then right-click a password safe file & Select Run Action to gorilla.

Dookus
Location: now living in wonderful Stanmore, inner western suburb of Sydney Australia, where the sun shines nic

#4 Post by Dookus »

muggins wrote:If you download gorilla15363.bin, (or gorilla15363_64.bin for 64-bit), then, as it's a self-contained binary, you don't need anything else to run it, just make it executable by right-click & select Permissions>Yes.

I don't know what format Password safe files are in, but perhaps you could copy, or symlink, the gorilla binary to /usr/bin/gorilla , then right-click a password safe file & Select Run Action to gorilla.
Thanks.
Moved the Gorilla BIN "gorilla15363.bin" to usr/bin right clicked as you said and made the file executable,Left the .psafe file in the download directory as it will be regularly over written when new file is downloaded, Right clicked the ".psafe3" safe file created in Password Safe and chose "Set Run Action" as you said, dragged the Gorilla BIN file into the drop zone on the window, when I click the password safe file it now opens in Password Gorilla and asks me for the safe combination.

Thank you.

PS There is a Android port of Password Safe which I use on my Tablet, so was dreading starting a new database in a new program such as the program that is included with Puppy Slacko 5.3.3, and having all that fragmentation.
Thanks for the help different people have given me here!