Mayan Calender

News, happenings
Caneri

Mayan Calender

#1 Post by Caneri »

Sorry to be so late to wish the Aussies all my best before the end of the world.
I was away from the keyboard and had no time to post my condolence to OZ before the tribulation...grrr..sorry.

We're ok in Canada so far but we have another 5 hours 'till the end here.

All my best for the New Year and Merry Christmas to all...even the nutty ones...Eric
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

Caneri

#2 Post by Caneri »

Here's the last picture of London England.
http://www.rightnow.io/breaking-news/id ... 69085.html
And I thought the Empire was forever..Eric

PS...
it's a very up to date photo before it's gone
[color=darkred][i]Be not afraid to grow slowly, only be afraid of standing still.[/i]
Chinese Proverb[/color]

kooliepup

#3 Post by kooliepup »

What a great shot of London. :)

3.30pm here, and I'm still waiting impatiently for my share of some Rapture, or whatever is on offer.
In the meantime I am having to suffer an absolutely exquisite 28deg. day with a light breeze.

If something doesn't happen in the next 8.5 hours I will be pist-off, and I won't buy another Mayan calendar..
Last edited by kooliepup on Fri 21 Dec 2012, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

arcanis

#5 Post by arcanis »

Lighten up, man; we're just havin' some fun wit' it. :lol:

vicmz

#6 Post by vicmz »

The NASA has reported that at the end of this day the stars are going to align and planet Earth is going to be covered by a deep darkness. According to the NASA, there is no need to panic, the phenomenon is actually very common and is called 'night'.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

starhawk

#7 Post by starhawk »

Reposted from another forum (original post there by me) --
Hey folks -- I'm still here! I think everyone else is, so it looks like this one's another no-op.

10 REM program APOCALYPSE
20 NOP
30 GOTO 20

NeroVance

Re: Mayan Calender

#8 Post by NeroVance »

Caneri wrote:Sorry to be so late to wish the Aussies all my best before the end of the world.
I was away from the keyboard and had no time to post my condolence to OZ before the tribulation...grrr..sorry.

We're ok in Canada so far but we have another 5 hours 'till the end here.

All my best for the New Year and Merry Christmas to all...even the nutty ones...Eric
Do not fear, and Happy new Baktun Caneri!
May Canada see reprieve from what the US is facing.
Thankfully, I'm sitting cozy in me homeland of the maritimes.

russoodle

Off with your head, Canuck!

#9 Post by russoodle »

Caneri wrote:Sorry to be so late to wish the Aussies all my best before the end of the world.
We were waiting on word from you, but because you missed the deadline, the Apocalypse was cancelled :wink:
All my best for the New Year and Merry Christmas to all...even the nutty ones..
Likewise..
:)
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Caneri

#10 Post by Caneri »

Hi NeroVance ,
Happy new Baktun to you as well. May the next 5000 years be enlightened with knowledge and less superstitions for the world....my wish.
We're ok in Canada....we just need to get rid of the religious nuts in our government (with the US evangelist groups flooding in here...maybe that's the flood we are warned of...grrr) and that's another few years. Then we can get back to REAL life and peacefulness and the Canadian way of slow and easy peace.

@russoodle,
I never stopped a world ending event before...do I get a free beer?

@kooliepup,
I'm freezing my ya ya's off...grrrr

@vicmz ...lol...dark is scary when you least expect.

I guess no one noticed the pictures on my second post that are further down after London was consumed by the rapture....."IDLE NO MORE" is the Canada Aboriginal/Native movement to cure the malaise of the Canadian gov to put right the Aboriginal/Native treaty obligations and put right the Aboriginal self-gov.

I guess this should have been off-topic so if Flash wants to...move it....sorry 'bout that.
Chinese Proverb[/color]

linuxbear

#11 Post by linuxbear »

Caneri wrote:....we just need to get rid of the religious nuts in our government (with the US evangelist groups flooding in here...maybe that's the flood we are warned of...grrr) .
We should put all of the fundies from different religions/sects in one place, but that would be a horrible violation of human rights I suppose and besides, they might all kill each other to "prove" that their religion is the one true religion. I just do not understand why there is so much intolerance coming from people who's religion seems to recommend tolerance?

Caneri

#12 Post by Caneri »

@linuxbear,
I just do not understand why there is so much intolerance coming from people who's religion seems to recommend tolerance?
This question has been my bane of the religious aspect/topic/journey....how can this be (intolerance) if the one god is the truth over all others? Maybe it's a power grab, like the evangelists/moral right, are doing in the US and to the US government. They ship their fanatics here to Canada to spread the "word" so to speak....eff off and leave us alone thank you very much.

Well I'm having a beer so enjoy the controversy...I do.
Eric
Chinese Proverb[/color]

greengeek

#13 Post by greengeek »

Caneri wrote:They ship their fanatics here to Canada to spread the "word" so to speak....eff off and leave us alone thank you very much.
You guys have Celine Dion. Isn't that as bad as having the apocalypse?

Caneri

#14 Post by Caneri »

@greengeek,

Well...you just HAD to bring that up.
Now I will hide in the closet. ;-)
Chinese Proverb[/color]

greengeek

#15 Post by greengeek »

Actually I'm really rather fond of Celine. I just don't like to let anyone know that... ;-)

Smithy

#16 Post by Smithy »

Yeah, you just have to take your hat off to her on that outrageous key change in Neilson's "All by myself" when she heads off into the stratosphere :)

And there's always fellow Canuck Neil Young!

Caneri

#17 Post by Caneri »

Oh bloody hell.

We have Daleks in the house from an innocent Christmas gift disguised as a dust bin.

They didn't get past the post here though as you "can" see...gotcha Dalek ;-)

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Dalek
Attachments
daleksindisguise.jpg
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Chinese Proverb[/color]

russoodle

#18 Post by russoodle »

Caneri wrote:Oh bloody hell.

We have Daleks in the house from an innocent Christmas gift disguised as a dust bin.

They didn't get past the post here though as you "can" see...gotcha Dalek ;-)
Watch out, Canuck....there may be more where you least expect them!
:shock: :wink:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Geoffrey

#19 Post by Geoffrey »

russoodle wrote: Watch out, Canuck....there may be more where you least expect them!
:shock: :wink:
Yeah
Attachments
dalek_tree.jpg
(168.5 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

sunburnt

#20 Post by sunburnt »

Yep... I texted my friends and family early on Dec. 22.

Well, no earthquakes, no biblical floods, and no mega solar flares.
Boy am I pissed off !!!

All in good fun and humor of course. I never believed anything would happen.

However the time following the solar alignment with the center of our Milky Way galaxy...
This worries me far more, the new age begins with a bang usually.