pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
scabz

#1881 Post by scabz »

--edit wrong thread sorry

jamesbond

#1882 Post by jamesbond »

Ziggy,

I'm not sure whether this has been applied in pburn before, but apparently newer version of dvdauthor requires VIDEO_FORMAT variable to be exported. It should contains "ntsc" or "pal". If it is not exported, dvdauthor will fail with error message ERR: no video format specified for VMGM.

References:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dvdbackup
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=111506
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/ ... KrdsldJcHE

This first surfaces up on http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 993#673989 - apparently Fatdog's dvdauthor (version 0.7.0) is new enough to have this problem. Not sure whether other puppies have the problem too.

I have provided patch, this patch is applied against Pburn 3.7.7. but it should be a simple matter to apply this to 3.7.9.

The workaround is simply to do "export VIDEO_FORMAT=NTSC" or "export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL" before launching pburn.

cheers!
Attachments
pburn377.patch.gz
(636 Bytes) Downloaded 417 times

smokey01

#1883 Post by smokey01 »

James the patch is not required if the dvdauthor is configured as:
configure --prefix=/usr --enable-default-video-format=PAL

It can be either PAL or NTSC as it's just specifying the default.

The default can be changed when burning.

The clue was in the install instructions in the dvdauthor source code.

------------------------Cut-------------------------------------
To compile, type
./configure
make

Then to install, type
make install

If you don't want the files installed to /usr/local/bin, then you can
specify --prefix=/usr or some other dir as a parameter to configure.

* Useful options to configure:

These options may be used to restore behaviour that was built into older
versions of DVDAuthor.

--enable-default-video-format=NTSC
--enable-default-video-format=PAL

Without one of these, there is no hard-coded default video format.
(Of course, a user- or system-specified default always takes precedence
if present.)

--enable-localize-filenames

Specify this if you want filenames to be interpreted according to your
locale setting. Without this, filenames are assumed to be in UTF-8
encoding.

smokey01

#1884 Post by smokey01 »

can anyone recommend a good internal Blu-ray burner?

I have a player, the disks and the program, but no burner.

TIA.

zigbert

#1885 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.10
See main post

Chnagelog
- Include VIDEO_FORMAT to dvdauthor for burning video. (thanks to jamesbond)

Ok, so it is possible to avoid this issue by compiling DvdAuthor smarter (thank you Grant). But the patch from jamesbond will make stuff work - whatever compile you use.

Thank you both!!!
Sigmund

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1886 Post by Flash »

smokey01 wrote:can anyone recommend a good internal Blu-ray burner?

TIA.
I've used both LG and Asus internal SATA Blu-Ray burners to make data Blu-Ray disks with Pburn without any problems. In fact, Pburn is the easiest program to make data disks with that I've tried.

smokey01

#1887 Post by smokey01 »

Flash wrote:
smokey01 wrote:can anyone recommend a good internal Blu-ray burner?

TIA.
I've used both LG and Asus internal SATA Blu-Ray burners to make data Blu-Ray disks with Pburn without any problems. In fact, Pburn is the easiest program to make data disks with that I've tried.
Thanks Flash.
I am considering an LG BH14NS40.
http://www.cdrlabs.com/Reviews/lg-bh14n ... riter.html

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1888 Post by Flash »

Fry's electronics sells the Kodak BD-RE rewritable Blu-Ray disks for about $4. I highly recommend getting at least one to experiment and validate with. BD-R are too expensive to make coasters out of.

smokey01

#1889 Post by smokey01 »

zigbert there is a problem with your new pburn-3.7.10.pet. In produces an error and won't install in Fatdog.

Correction: The problem is with my system.

The older ones do.
zigbert wrote:Version 3.7.10
See main post

Chnagelog

Ok, so it is possible to avoid this issue by compiling DvdAuthor smarter (thank you Grant). But the patch from jamesbond will make stuff work - whatever compile you use.

Thank you both!!!
Sigmund
Last edited by smokey01 on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Billtoo

#1890 Post by Billtoo »

smokey01 wrote:zigbert there is a problem with your new pburn-3.7.10.pet. In produces an error and won't install in Fatdog.

The older ones do.
zigbert wrote:Version 3.7.10
See main post

Chnagelog

Thank you both!!!
Sigmund
It works on my Fatdog install, I used it to burn data to a CD-RW with no problems.
Attachments
pburnscrn.jpg
(93.05 KiB) Downloaded 540 times

ikaros262

#1891 Post by ikaros262 »

In multisession cd or dvd I can't view the list of files and folders I burned previously. The available space is detected but the list of already burned items appears to be empty, it shows only the new items I added. Then after burning the new items appear in random folders that I had recorded in a former session. I am using precise 5.4.3

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1892 Post by Flash »

This is going to take a lot of back-and-forth to untangle just what it is you tried to do from what actually happened. :)
Do you mean that you added some stuff to a multisession DVD with Pburn, but that stuff isn't there when you mount the multisession DVD? Or do you mean that it is there, but stuff that used to be on the DVD has disappeared?

zigbert

#1893 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.11
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: nrg2iso detection in dependency check. (thanks to jamesbond and smokey01)

ikaros262

#1894 Post by ikaros262 »

Flash wrote:This is going to take a lot of back-and-forth to untangle just what it is you tried to do from what actually happened. :)
Do you mean that you added some stuff to a multisession DVD with Pburn, but that stuff isn't there when you mount the multisession DVD? Or do you mean that it is there, but stuff that used to be on the DVD has disappeared?
When you burn a CD or DVD with a Windows program you can see what files are in your burning list before actually burn them. After burning everything, if you left the DVD open to burn more later apart from the new files you are about to burn you can see the existing files burnt in the DVD too. In Pburn I can't see what is already in the DVD and in what folder I'm saving the files, everything does get burnt but I can't organize where the files are, so the next time I look into my DVD I have to search everywhere till I find a single file. Some files are even burned in folders named after the original folders where they were stored, instead of the directories I tried to specify, or at times I get everything burned into one folder when I wanted to burn to the root directory. Allright, my explanation is a disaster, like my DVDs :lol:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1895 Post by Flash »

Ah, I see. Well, you can mount the DVD and see what is on it. I'm not sure if Pburn requires the DVD to be unmounted before it will let you proceed. Probably it does, in which case the ROX window showing what is on the DVD will close, so that doesn't help much. :(

However there is an easy way to add new files to the multisession DVD so they are easy to find: put them in a folder (directory) that has exactly the same name as the folder that is already on the DVD. Then use Pburn's + to add the whole folder containing the new file(s) to its burn list and burn the folder to the multisession DVD. When Pburn is finished burning the folder containing the new file(s), mount the DVD and open the folder. You will find all the files that you ever put in it, including the one(s) you just added.

So, if you use the approach of first putting the files in a folder with exactly the same name as a folder that is already on the DVD, then burn that new folder to the DVD, you can have the DVD mounted while you create the new folder. You'll have to unmount the DVD before running Pburn.

Does that help? I highly recommend using a rewritable DVD until you're comfortable with multisession.
Last edited by Flash on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#1896 Post by zigbert »

ikaros262
Please check out the menuitems
- Import session(s) from disc (File menu)
- New directory (Edit menu)

Sigmund

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1897 Post by Flash »

Thanks, Sigmund. That sounds easier than my method. I should use Pburn a bit more. :oops:

I forgot how to select multiple items in the burn list (to remove them). Neither Ctrl+Left click nor Alt+Left click works in Pburn 3.7.5. :?

zigbert

#1898 Post by zigbert »

Flash
Multiple selection is not supported in the Burn-list (yet?). It requires a major update of the code related to the Burn-list. This is not included in my plans for the near future. Sorry about that.

Sigmund

zigbert

#1899 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.12
See main post

Changelog
- Bugfix: Verifying using MD5. (thanks to otropogo)
- Bugfix: gettext string in MD5 splash box.
- Bugfix: Missing icon in gtkdialog-logbox heading.

zigbert

#1900 Post by zigbert »

Version 3.7.13
See main post

Changelog
- Depends on gtkdialog 0.8.3
- Bugfix: Use markup in splash