Gnucash and Precise Puppy 5.4.3 (Solved)

Please post any bugs you have found
kulaib

Gnucash and Precise Puppy 5.4.3 (Solved)

#1 Post by kulaib »

Never had a problem using Gnucash in prior Puppy releases, but it can't seem to get past the initial startup on my Precise Puppy 5.4.3 frugal install. All dependencies have been satisfied via the PPM. However, at startup, Gnucash says it cannot locate default values. It then offers several choices to resolve this issue (an issue explained in chapter 3 of the Gnucash help manual.) However, no matter which choices one selects, Gnucash crashes. With no success using my frugal install pupsave file, I tried starting over from a Live CD, each time selecting a different option from the choices presented, but always end up with the same negative result. Just for kicks, I ran a Lucid Live CD and installed Gnucash. It ran smoothly right out of the box. So, is there something amiss with GNC + Precise Puppy?
Last edited by kulaib on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

hi kulaib,

you can get it to run by typing this in a terminal

Code: Select all

ln -s /usr/share/slib/ /usr/share/guile/1.8/slib
although it still shows that startup error everytime!!
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

kulaib

#3 Post by kulaib »

Thanks very much, 666philb!! You've been a great help.

The latest Precise Puppy suits my needs to a T. But the issue with Gnucash was a bummer. Now, thanks to you, problem solved. Much obliged. :D :D

patjr

Thank You

#4 Post by patjr »

Thank You for the tip. Seems to get gnucash working.

Pelo

WeeBaldie2 thanks you

#5 Post by Pelo »

WeeBaldie2 thanks you a lot, seems to work.
I never had problems with Lucid Version (installing, because using it is another deal). Puppy only installs apps, no time to use GNU Cash. Grisbi is enough for my housewife. :)
Gnu Cash on Tahrpup