Uploading photos to eBay

Booting, installing, newbie
sandlynx

Uploading photos to eBay

#1 Post by sandlynx »

I have tried Puppy Wary 5.3 and Puppy Slacko 5.3.3 and I can't upload photos to eBay which I really need to do. I can upload phtotos from Vector Linux 6.0 without any problems. I have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, but it still won't upload photos to eBay. Does anyone know why? It takes about 1-2 minutes to upload one photo from V.L. With Puppys i have left it run for over 30 minutes, waiting for the upload to happen, and it just keeps saying "uploading". I have the impression that it's just not going to upload phots from Puppy. Why not?

Makoto

#2 Post by Makoto »

Which browser are you using? Do you have Javascript enabled in that browser?

If you're using Seamonkey or Firefox, do you have the NoScript extension installed, or any other extension that might be blocking scripts/part of the page?
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

sandlynx

Uploading photos to eBay

#3 Post by sandlynx »

I don't know if Java Script is enabled or not. I'm running Firefox (also tried uploading photos with SeaMonkey and same results--won't upload photos), and have looked for Java Script in Tools, Preference, and other places and see no mention of Java Script. So, if I have to add that myself, it's not running.

The No Script Extension? I haven't added any extensions of any kind.

Makoto

#4 Post by Makoto »

Which version of Firefox are you running? In the Firefox Preferences window, click on the Content tab in the top pane. The Content settings should have a "Enable Javascript" setting, with a checkbox and "Advanced" button. Make sure the checkbox has a check in it.

Click on the Privacy tab. Do you have the "Accept cookies from sites" setting enabled, at least? (I don't use eBay, so I'll admit I can only make guesses. :oops: )
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

sandlynx

#5 Post by sandlynx »

Makoto wrote:Which version of Firefox are you running? In the Firefox Preferences window, click on the Content tab in the top pane. The Content settings should have a "Enable Javascript" setting, with a checkbox and "Advanced" button. Make sure the checkbox has a check in it.

Click on the Privacy tab. Do you have the "Accept cookies from sites" setting enabled, at least? (I don't use eBay, so I'll admit I can only make guesses. :oops: )
I'm running Tumucumaque - Minefield 4.0.1.
I do have Java Script enabled. Accept cookies from sites is also enabled.

Makoto

#6 Post by Makoto »

Which version of Seamonkey did you try? A number of Puppies come with Seamonkey 1.x installed (because some things are also tied to the Seamonkey components). If that's the case - that you tried Seamonkey 1 - it could just be that both browsers are considered out-of-date.

The latest version of Firefox (stable) is 17.0.1, and the latest version of Seamonkey (stable) is 2.14.1. If you don't mind running the later versions of Firefox, try updating it (should be an automatic-check/update option in the Help menu or About window, though I don't know if the Minefield builds update that readily), and see if it works with a newer version of the browser.