Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 10:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
HP Photosmart 1215 not printing PDF files right
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
aen

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan 2013, 16:14    Post_subject:  HP Photosmart 1215 not printing PDF files right
Sub_title: Lucid 5.2.8

I have been using Lucid 5.28 for sometime now with great success. My HP Photosmart 1215 printer has always worked flawlessly with any Puppy including 5.28.

Recently while trying to print a PDF file I noticed that the output is distorted where every other line of the document is cut off halfway (the top half of the line prints and the bottom half is missing.) I originally thought maybe the print rollers have finally given out and it is time for a new printer. However, the test page printed from the CUPS administration site is perfect in every way.

Has anyone else experience this situation and if so found a solution?
starhawk

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan 2013, 18:00    Post_subject:  

I'd first try cleaning the print head; also you may be somewhat low on ink -- both will do that.

Failing that, it could be a software issue. Not sure.

rcrsn51

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan 2013, 21:10    Post_subject:  

Are you having the problem with all PDFs or just this one? If you want, you can send it to me by PM and I can run some tests on it.
aen

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:17    Post_subject:  

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I don't believe it is a software issue or a problem with the file because I was able to print the documents correctly with another computer and printer.

I ran the printer utility to clean the cartridges and noticed the ink levels are around 15% on both Color and B&W. Also, there is some minor streaking in the B&W test band. I think the problem may be the ink levels but am not sure.

The printer is at least 10 yrs old. These days you can almost replace a basic printer for the cost of replacement cartridges. Guess I'll plug along for a while longer since most of the time the printer functions perfectly.
aen

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan 2013, 17:46    Post_subject:    

Once again Puppy proves it is the best.

My previous post indicated my problem with my OLD HP Photosmart 1215.

Today I picked up a HP Deskjet 1000 for a little more than it would have cost to replace my Photosmart cartridges. Only problem was CUPS did not have the correct driver.

I searched the forum, and in 2 minutes I discovered and found the updated .pet for HPLIP --- with the driver support.

Printer works like a charm, and printed the PDF file I was unable to print before.

THANKS PUPPY!!!
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Printers
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum