Problems and errors with 1.04

Using applications, configuring, problems

Problems and errors with 1.04

#1 Post by Guest »

Hallo,
i tried the new puppy 1.04 - and got a lot of error-messages when starting up.
Puppy came up and my keybord and mouse do not work. In puppy 1.03 everthing works fine. When i started up with the option number 2 (i only see Nr. 2 and 3), the mouse works. I tried to start mozilla - nothing. Dillo - nothing happens. When i startet from from shell i got the message segmentaiton fault!
So i went back to puppy 1.03 an wrote this.

Vabene

babbs

#2 Post by babbs »

Vabene,

Although I haven't burned my ISO to disk yet (I downloaded all three versions... I'm going for the Chubby Puppy myself), it might help to know the answers to the following:

- Which version of 1.0.4 you downloaded. Is it the main ISO (60MB), barebones (40MB), or the Chubby Puppy (96MB)?

- Did you check the checksum for the version you downloaded?

- Did you experience any bugs with 1.0.3?

A number of people who can answer your questions will be online over the next several hours.

Babbs

delirium_trigger

#3 Post by delirium_trigger »

I have the same segmentation fault error when starting mozilla from the command line.

#4 Post by Guest »

sorry for the late reply,
i downloaded the main puppy (60 mb) and got the errors. Problems with keyboard (works fine in 1.03), usb and squash. Only the option 2 lets me get in puupy. Then i cant start mozilla (dillo) because of Segmentation fault. Sylpheed works - that means, that the internet-connection (adsl) works.

#5 Post by Guest »

tried to find the fault for mozilla. Tesetd with ldd comes the message. lddlibc4 is missing

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#6 Post by Lobster »

let us ensure that the checksum is OK and 1.0.4 downloaded properly
G2 has just created a dotpup that will automate this for most users

:)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

#7 Post by Guest »

ok, i do a bit later - if go to work.
i ckeck out that more programs dont run - abiword, ical - always the same missing lddlibc4. i try to get t somewhre and put it in the folder for libs. vabene

#8 Post by Guest »

Lobster,
you guest the right thing. I controlled my disk with the md5sum.pup and became a error. I downloaded pupyy again, got an error on md5sum.pup. put nearly all programs run correct. mozilla, icall - only with scribus i had problems. i could correct them. Thanx
PS: I wrote this from puppy 1.04.
vabene