Installed Chromium 9

Using applications, configuring, problems
sandlynx

Installed Chromium 9

#1 Post by sandlynx »

I'm having all kinds of trouble installing anything from either Puppy Package Manage or Quickpet on Wary 5.3.
I downloaded Chromium 9 from Quicpet and when It said it was successfully installed, I clicked on Chromiun in the menu and it wouldn't come up. I tried using the console, and it won't come up there either. This has happened with several other applications I've tried to install. It didn't say anything about missing depedencies, etc. How do get any application installed successfully?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Are you sure you're talk'n Wary, cause I don't see a Quickpet anywhere? This a hd install?

sandlynx

Wary 5.3 and Quickpet

#3 Post by sandlynx »

Semme wrote:Are you sure you're talk'n Wary, cause I don't see a Quickpet anywhere? This a hd install?
It's definitely Wary 5.3. I installed Quickpet from Puppy Package Manager. Yes, this is a hd install. It's now in the menu under Setup>Setup Puppy>Quickpet.
Should I try installing Chromium from Puppy Package Manager?

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

My limited testing suggests it's gonna require several libs NOT supplied by PPM. Go with this portable 9.0.570.0 halfway down the page. Rename it chromium, then place the executable in /root/my-applications along with my script (ditto the following), which you're gonna rt-clk, *file* >> permissions >> yes. Clking the script should fire the browser.

Now until I can sample a current build, tell us which format extension you chose for your install- ext2, 3 or other? Include an example or two of other applications which PPM, NOT Quickpet, fail to install..

PS - You installed *which* Quickpet.. the Lucid 52 or 3.1? *IF* it were meant for Wary, she'd already be there..
Attachments
chromium.sh.gz
(104 Bytes) Downloaded 178 times

sandlynx

#5 Post by sandlynx »

Semme wrote:My limited testing suggests it's gonna require several libs NOT supplied by PPM. Go with this portable 9.0.570.0 halfway down the page. Rename it chromium, then place the executable in /root/my-applications along with my script (ditto the following), which you're gonna rt-clk, *file* >> permissions >> yes. Clking the script should fire the browser.

Now until I can sample a current build, tell us which format extension you chose for your install- ext2, 3 or other? Include an example or two of other applications which PPM, NOT Quickpet, fail to install..

PS - You installed *which* Quickpet.. the Lucid 52 or 3.1? *IF* it were meant for Wary, she'd already be there..
I just read on another thread, that there is a problem with Chromium and AMD processors which is what I'm running. So, no matter what I do, Chromium is not going to work.
I just tried to use Quickpet earlier today, and it won't do anything. I click -- nothing happens. I uninstalled. I downloaded a game from PPM, ad it works fine. But, getting flashplayer to work? That's a no-go.

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

The latest version is what you want. As for Quickpet- it's not geared for your ride..

FlashPlayer's had a recent update which I've stripped for convenience. Find 10.3.183.50 here.

Use Pfind >> search system for: libflashplayer.so >> dwnld, extract, and overwrite your existing file with mine.
Attachments
gfp_1.2.jpg
(33.76 KiB) Downloaded 166 times