Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 07:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Puppy Network Wizard-Lost the modules?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
tytower

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan 2013, 04:23    Post_subject:  Puppy Network Wizard-Lost the modules?  

Puppy Slacko 5.3
When using the above wizard it gives you a way to load a module so you can get hardware to work . In my case a wireless adapter to the ADSL2 modem.

While using this program all the modules suddenly disappeared . I think all the files are still there just the mdule load operation does not find them .

Anyone know anything about this wizard and what might have gone wrong . Can I fix it so I get the modules back in the window?

There is a screen shot of the blank window for what its worth
ModuleLoadscreen.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  ModuleLoadscreen.jpg 
Filesize  81.29 KB 
Downloaded  204 Time(s) 

watchdog

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan 2013, 02:11    Post_subject:  

Open down-left Menu-System-Boot Manager configure bootup. Click on "blacklist" or "add new modules" to manipulate modules. Do you find the modules?
tytower

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan 2013, 19:06    Post_subject:  

Yep get modules on both of those!
watchdog

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jan 2013, 00:48    Post_subject: networkmodulkes  

Control you have /etc/networkmodules. Open it with geany and see its content: in my case there are the modules for networking. You can copy it from a live if damaged. Now I am in precise and I have such a file. The location could be different in other puppies: use pfind searching "module" to locate your file.
tytower

PostPosted: Sun 13 Jan 2013, 17:49    Post_subject:  

Hmm Thanks
I could not get the wifi adaptor to work . That was the problem so I moved up to "precise" myself to fix that problem
looking back into the "slacko" save file for 5.3 there was no file there of that name but there was one called "networkusermodules" which leads me to the conclusion that it should have been there but had been wiped

I'll check that out in a minute by booting from the 5.3 live disk and as I have copied that file across from "precise "anyway I'll know if that really was the problem .

I'll let you know.

EDIT Yes the modules now come up in the window so that most likely was the problem. However looking at the live CD sfs file I do not see any of them there. I attached a screenshot of the rox listing

So as I see it ,pressing the module LOAD button reads that file then the program goes off and looks for the kernel module you choose and loads it.

In my case it seems it still could not find that modue rtl8192cu and told me so. In fact I suspect it may not have even been in that release

Do you know where the actual "ko"module is stored so I can check?
Snapshot of slacko sfs.png
Description 
png

Download 
Filename  Snapshot of slacko sfs.png 
Filesize  495.4 KB 
Downloaded  80 Time(s) 

watchdog

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan 2013, 01:51    Post_subject:  

tytower wrote:

In my case it seems it still could not find that modue rtl8192cu and told me so. In fact I suspect it may not have even been in that release

Do you know where the actual "ko"module is stored so I can check?

Try:

Code:
modprobe rtl8192cu

If you have the module it will be loaded. Now I am in wary and the kernel modules of wireless are in /lib/modules/2.6.32.59/kernel/drivers/net/wireless. Browse in directory /lib/modules in your case to find the kernel modules.
tytower

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan 2013, 02:25    Post_subject:  

Thanks
I should remember all these unix commands but they fade
It is there @ 353 kb and dated 30/8/12
So it must be as "~pemasu" said , it is just not mature enough yet.

OK thanks the post was to find out why they disappeared and I think that is answered now.

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum