java direct entry... bug

Please post any bugs you have found
phdzaps

java direct entry... bug

#1 Post by phdzaps »

I believe I have found a difficulty with java and how it works with puppy. This seems to have started perhaps with a java after 7.07 when at that time I used wary 5.2.2 and could directly enter from the keyboard into a java program which is run directly by java -jar.

I just checked the latest java (7.11). It can be reproduced by running jcontrol and then trying to type in a new path (under settings) for the path for temporary files. It also occurs in other programs. As far as I can tell pretty much the problem persists through racy and into precise. Running jcontrol is just the easiest way to demonstrate the problem.

However running applets through a browser such as firefox does allow keyboard entry.

01micko

#2 Post by 01micko »

Hello phdzaps,

We have recently been discussing the same issue here and believe it may be a window manager issue (we use JWM), although I tried java text entry in compiz/emerald and had the same issue. It did work however using openbox. So, it looks like partly a java issue and partly a window manager issue.

Thanks for the report.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access