Canon Printer Drivers - Updated 2016

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
rcrsn51

#41 Post by rcrsn51 »

Unfortunately, there is no mechanism in the UFR-II package for providing authentication.

The only Puppy printer drivers that do allow authentication are for Windows shared printers. So here is something to try.

1. What Puppy version are you using?

2. Does it have PeasyPort in the network menu? If not, get it here.

3. Scan your network using the Names button. Does it detect your printer by its NETBIOS name?
In Toshiba, we can set Department ID and password in settings on PC
Please explain. What Toshiba?

rameshiyer

canon Printer

#42 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

we have Toshiba eSudio 452 printer, in which ,we can set department Id and Password in the driver itself through localhost:631. Whereas in Canon IR6055, no such option is found in the dafault settings etc. ( http://localhost:631). I am using Precise and Slack and also Arch puppy Now. In my machine, also I have Racy and Wary Puppy. ( all are latest). Canon printer is detected as network printer and listing the name as network printer . However, no print is possible. May be problem due to authentication. Either no pop up for providing dept id and password as seen in MS Windows

In MS Windows, both machine will ask User ID and Password while printing. Whereas, toshiba printer, options is available for setting in ID and Pwd like other setting such as paper size,. tray etc. So while printing it goes directly to Printer. May be due to inbuilt authentication No problem. Whereas Canon no such facility?. Canon IR 6055 is new machine in my office. Very strange situation.
Last edited by rameshiyer on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

rcrsn51

#43 Post by rcrsn51 »

Where did you get the Linux driver for your Toshiba eSudio 452? I would like to see it.

[Edit] I found one, so I see how authentication is handled in the PPD file.

Did you follow my instructions about PeasyPort? What happened?

rameshiyer

Canon Printer

#44 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Sir

I have not tested PeasyPort. I have to check it. Also I don't have much knoledge in this or Linux. Anyway I will try it tommorrow and let you know the status, please. I have seen only now. Now I am posting from home. As regards estudio driver, I feel it is PPD file. May be available in my office PC. I will arrange you tomorrow. I got it from Internet. Therefore may be available from download.

rcrsn51

#45 Post by rcrsn51 »

If you look in the UFR-II package that you downloaded, there is a Documents folder with a user guide.

To view it, click on the file index.htm.

Look in Command Line Settings > Special Functions > Job Accounting.

It describes a program called cnjatool that you can use to provide authentication. From a terminal, run

Code: Select all

cnjatool -p Printer-Name

rameshiyer

Canon Printer

#46 Post by rameshiyer »

Thanks very much for pointing out the tool. I have tried cnjatool -p in command line. It has asked the ID and Password. However, no print out came even after that input in the command line. However, I hope, make some break through tomorrow after more research on it.

rcrsn51

#47 Post by rcrsn51 »

Do you have access to a machine with a full Linux like Ubuntu or Mint? It would be useful to know how the UFR-II driver works on that platform.

rameshiyer

Canon

#48 Post by rameshiyer »

I have not checked with Ubuntu or Linux due to lack of installations.

I come to know from internet that Printer will work in both platform through SAMBA. In my case it is through dedicated static printer IP address. I do not know anything much on this.

I will try of command tool once again and let you know the status latter.

Thanks

rcrsn51

Re: Canon

#49 Post by rcrsn51 »

rameshiyer wrote:I come to know from internet that Printer will work in both platform through SAMBA.
A few posts back, I asked you to run PeasyPort and try to identify your printer by its NETBIOS name. Did you ever do this? It would provide useful information.

rameshiyer

Canon

#50 Post by rameshiyer »

I have used Peasyport. However, no information is available through it. It shows either 200.200.200.22 or port something 139. Administor of networking provided static IP address to this Printer. ie. 200.200.200.22.
What to do. I am disappointed. Sorry for the trouble. Don't feel bad. My unluck.

rcrsn51

#51 Post by rcrsn51 »

Is 200.200.200.22 the actual IP address of the printer? Does PeasyPort show port 139 open on that address?

If so, there is something else to try. Using your department ID and password, type this command

smbclient -U id%password -L 200.200.200.22
What comes back? Does it list the print queue, something like this?

BINARY_P1       Printer   NetBIOS Port

rameshiyer

Canon Printer

#52 Post by rameshiyer »

Dear Rcrsn51

Sir

I will try on Monday morning. We have 5 days working. Saturday and Sunday is holidy for us. Thank you very much for your continued help and support.
Hoping for Best !

Ramachandran
Gods own Country.

angelair1465

Canon iP1800

#53 Post by angelair1465 »

I have the Puppy OS 5.3.3 and need the driver for the Canon iP1800 printer.
I am new to Puppy.
Thanks in advance. :?

rcrsn51

Re: Canon iP1800

#54 Post by rcrsn51 »

angelair1465 wrote:I have the Puppy OS 5.3.3 and need the driver for the Canon iP1800 printer.
I have a driver ready for you. But the forum is currently putting restrictions on the size of an attachment. I will have to get back to you on this.

angelair1465

Canon iP1800

#55 Post by angelair1465 »

Thank you! :D

rcrsn51

#56 Post by rcrsn51 »

Download the Canon iP1800 driver from here. Make sure that you click the small download button, not the DOWNLOAD NOW button.

I have no equipment to test these old Canon models. Please report back with your success or failure.

No reply. Attachment deleted.

rameshiyer

Canon Printer 6055

#57 Post by rameshiyer »

rcrsn51 wrote:, run

cnjatool -p Printer-Name
I would like to inform you that I am able to take printout from my office printer cum photostat machine ie Canon IR 6055 through Precise 5.9.1 (kernal 3.8 ). Earlier I have tried my luck in Slacko 5.4. No result even after so many experiment with my limited knowledge. First Instance, everything seems to be working. As advised by you, I have just run cnjatool -p command in console. After that I got the printout.

Thank you very much for your support.

boxR

Re: Canon Printer Driver

#58 Post by boxR »

rcrsn51 wrote:
rameshiyer wrote:Please provide driver for Canon IR6055 photostat cum Network Printer. It has scan facility also.
Have you read the first page of this thread? There is a link to here for Canon laser printers. Read the section about UFR-II drivers.

Your iR-ADV6055 uses the UFR-II driver from here. I have not tested this, but it should follow the same installation procedure as in the above link.

This will be easier to get working if you first connect the printer by USB.

Canon does not list a Linux scanner driver for this device.
Thanks a lot rcrsn51

I've found my driver for Canon Image Runner 2530i (alias IR2530i / IR2525) here :
http://www.canon.com.au/Support-Service ... -Downloads
  • UFR II Printer Driver for Linux Version 2.60
Two .deb and CUPS to install printer in a few clicks... Just let down the firewall then all right.

boof

iP1000

#59 Post by boof »

Any driver for 5.5? partic I need a black only capacity. thx.

rcrsn51

Re: iP1000

#60 Post by rcrsn51 »

boof wrote:Any driver for 5.5?
Is this Slacko 5.5? I have posted a link to the iP1000 driver here.

Click on the smaller grey Download button on the left.

Please provide feedback.