OpenERP

Business software, financial software, etc.
emnaz

OpenERP

#1 Post by emnaz »

OpenERP is one of most downloaded open source software's for enterprise management. It is a free for use that boosts productivity and profit through integration. It connects and improves business processes; sales, finance, supply chain, project management, and related areas. It has more than 1300+ modules 100+ official employee working on more then 800+ active branches and more then 1000+ contributors worldwide.

OpenERP is a full suite of business software, including the following modules:
Accounting: Record your operations in a few clicks and manage all your financial activities in one place.
Application Builder: The OpenERP application builder lets you customize every module of OpenERP directly from the web interface without any development required.
CRM: Track leads and opportunities customized your sales cycle, controls statistics and forecasts and marketing campaign automation to improve your sales performance.
Human Resources: The module is for personnel information management, leave, time tracking, attendance‚ expenses, payroll, periodic evaluations and recruitment.
Invoicing: Create and supervise your entire supplier and customer invoices.
Manufacturing: Plan and control your supply chain through different applications in the Manufacturing module.
Marketing: Marketing campaigns can help you automate email and email sending, qualify leads and encourage customers to contact the right department.
Point of Sale: The OpenERP touchscreen point of sale allows you to manage your shop sales. It's fully web-based so you don't need to install or deploy any software.
Project Management: Keep track and manage your projects using tasks for short term project execution or plan phases for long term planning.
Purchase: Create and track your purchase orders, manage your suppliers' info, control your products reception process and check suppliers' invoices.
Warehouse Management: An inventory management system to easily manage complex needs: tracking stocks of suppliers/customers, full traceability, accounting links, and more. OpenERP supports multi-warehouse management based on hierarchical locational structure.

UPDATED
Download OpenERP v6.1 build 2013-03-19 for Precise Puppy 5.4.3
http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files ... 130319.sfs

Download OpenERP v7.0 build 2013-03-19 for Precise Puppy 5.4.3
http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files ... 130319.sfs

Default master password for create database is admin

Comparison between v6.1 and v7.0
Last edited by emnaz on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 03:29, edited 2 times in total.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hello, emnaz.

Thanks for providing this.

It's a meeting of the minds, I guess. :) Some of us on a French thread in this forum http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=82649 have been doing research on various templates and utilities with a view to adapt | adopt Puppy for small businesses.

Obviously, there's a language barrier, but the hyperlinks are in html, a universal language! So may I invite you to have a look, and perhaps tell us if we're on target? Or perhaps indicate any other resource in the field you may know of? Thanks in advance.

I'll look your package over in the coming days.

Again, thanks for making this available.

Sincerely,

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#3 Post by musher0 »

However...

Open but not free ? Where will the very small entrepreneur find at least 468 $US per employee a year to maintain this database ?

Just a thought.

musher0
Attachments
openerp-price.jpg
Fees to use OpenERP
(53.03 KiB) Downloaded 1569 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

emnaz

#4 Post by emnaz »

OpenERP Community Edition is free , see http://v6.openerp.com/catalog and http://v6.openerp.com/services/faq-onsite
What's the difference between OpenERP Enterprise and OpenERP Community?

OpenERP Enterprise and OpenERP Community are the same product, with the same features, the difference lies in the services that are provided along with the product.
With this sfs package we can install and running OpenERP on local computer.

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

Noted, thanks.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

e_mattis

er...now what?

#6 Post by e_mattis »

Hey all

So, i found the post, looked it over and thought i'd try it out. I'm running Lucid 5.2.8 (2.6.33.2) Frugal install on an old AMD Duron, 775MB ram, and an 80GB HDD.

I am assuming as I want to run it only on this machine (no other clients/workstations) that I want the server download in PPM (showing as version 5.0.6-3)

I downloaded and let it install. Some things were to be installed in system, others in Personal, and yet others had no menu listing per the install script report. I can find nothing in the menu at all. also, it reported some dependancies missing - libq.so5, bas-password, python2.6-cairo, and python2.6-gobject. All of these are listed in the PPM as having been installed.

This being said, i downloaded the client (5.0.6-2) as well. it shows up under network in menu. clicked it, nothing happened.

What is the next step? how do I make sure everything is where it needs to be and to get the program running? I really like what i've seen here and do not want to be forced into maintaining a windows - business machine.

I am still only a noob-in-training when it comes to most of the workings of puppy, so be gentle 8) Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

emnaz

Re: er...now what?

#7 Post by emnaz »

e_mattis wrote:I'm running Lucid 5.2.8 (2.6.33.2)
This package is for Precise Puppy and may not work in Lucid Puppy. Would you like to try Precise Puppy?

e_mattis

already there

#8 Post by e_mattis »

hey emnaz,

yea, i have a machine running precise 5.4.3. wouldn't mind getting it working there. i did find an openERP for lucid in the pet repo, that's why i started with lucid. :)

So am I correct in assuming :shock: i wold need the server d/l only or would i need the client as well? What steps should I take to get a successful install?

help da noob plz :D

Thanks!

emnaz

#9 Post by emnaz »

Please download openerp sfs package from http://openerp-pup.googlecode.com/files ... 130102.sfs

Using file manager browse folder and click the file, sfs-load on-the-fly window will pop up.

This package contain postgresql and openerp server only. Client acces using browser eg http://localhost:8069 or http://ip-server:8069

I will update openerp 7.0 soon

hope this help
Attachments
sfs-load-on-the-fly-popup.png
sfs-load on-the-fly popup window
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 2680 times
browse-folder.png
browse folder
(17.69 KiB) Downloaded 2686 times

e_mattis

#10 Post by e_mattis »

Thanks emnaz!

i'll give it look and try to let you know how things work out.

Nicely instructed BTW - I can understand exactly what to do and, barring any errors or malfunctions on my part, think i should have it up and running soon.

Thanks again!

Pelo

Error : see screenshot

#11 Post by Pelo »

see screenshot
I am using passagio-es (Slacko 5.3.1 ?)
I try with version 6
Attachments
image-1.jpg
Same error message with version 6
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 2682 times
sfs.jpg
??????
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 2486 times

e_mattis

#12 Post by e_mattis »

hey Pelo,

My French is kinda rusty (ok, non-existent) but it appears when you d/l the pet you may have tried to install it to an area not able to be installed to :?:

What type installation are you using for the passagio-es - LiveCD, frugal, or full?

if frugal, try d/l the pet somewhere like my-applications folder then install it.

Just a thought. Hope it helps!

E

PVD

openerp puppy

#13 Post by PVD »

Hi,

I have precise puppy installed and have installed openerp 7 via SFS file downloaded via link on forum.
I have my precise puppy installed on the HD.
It installed but had menu telling me that some files where not installed
afterwards.
The icon is on the desktop en in the menu but if i click it it goes to the browser at "http://localhost:8069/ " with the message "No handler found."
Any thoughts what this can be ,
i am fairly new to linux
I have an ubuntu installation and now i am experimenting with puppy on low end pc as dedicated openerp server

thanks

Hogweed

#14 Post by Hogweed »

Just tried installing V7 SFS and also got "No handler". Did a web search and found suggestion to try installing python-mock and python-unittest2. Did so via package manager, rebooted and it now works. Now to play with it.

Suggestion to try installing these packages found at http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic35415.html (last post in thread currently).

emnaz

#15 Post by emnaz »

Hogweed wrote:Just tried installing V7 SFS and also got "No handler". Did a web search and found suggestion to try installing python-mock and python-unittest2. Did so via package manager, rebooted and it now works. Now to play with it.

Suggestion to try installing these packages found at http://forum.openerp.com/forum/topic35415.html (last post in thread currently).
Thank's for suggestion. Package updated.

Atle

Warning.....

#16 Post by Atle »

I tried this with a Precise 5.5 and it installed without any complaints.

Both versions 6.1 and 7 does nothing. Nothing at http://localhost:8069/, before or after boot, pressing the desktop icon.

But what it DOES, is that it prevents 5.5 to finish of the savefile process at shutdown, making all or whatever you did to you desktop go back to default, once you have powered off your puppy by holding the power button untill its brutally forced to stop.

Its seems to be like the SFS is not really uninstalling. you need to power off the machine the brutal way there as well...

I suggest one plays with this using separate puppy and not your well established one, as it messes with things for sure.

That said... this is what happen to me and it might be happy hour for others:-)

Atle

#17 Post by Atle »

Weird things happen also after i got rid of the sfs.

Do not install unless you made a protected enviroment or backup of your Precise 5.5.

Goes for both versions...

Sorry to the author... This gave me like one hour of headace only.

atle

emnaz

#18 Post by emnaz »

My apologies, this package has not tested on Precise Puppy 5.5

Atle

#19 Post by Atle »

ITs ok.... It just went banans, so for those that has only got one puppy installed and have done some work to get it set up, etc, its better to make a separate puppy installation to test this within 5.5.

No harm done... I did the test and for me it did not work. Might even be me doing something wrong, for all i know

ATle

Pelo

open ERP : Who works with it ?

#20 Post by Pelo »

open ERP : Who works with it ?
Just wait and see.
I will soon test 'Stock y Ventas' I got it installed on Slacko 5.5.
Before getting really involved in this matter, i want to be sure my work will not be a loose of time. Because I have now heavy doubts about the interest of Puppy lovers for that kind of products.