problem with gspocast external players (Solved)

Booting, installing, newbie
Crpt

problem with gspocast external players (Solved)

#1 Post by Crpt »

Hello,
I installed Retro-Precise Puppy 5.4.3 on my old fujitso-siemens laptop a few days ago ,Eeverything is running smoothly , but I'm facing the following problem with gspocast external players . When set up whenever vlc or mplayer to run it gives me this : Image - actually this is a screenshot from my slacko , but this doesn't matter because it's the same on both distros .It starts for a few seconds shows me this screen and then nothing,no buffering and no stream at all . I'd appreciate some help .
Thank you .

bark_bark_bark

#2 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I don't understand your problem. Please clarify everything and just show us ONLY the error and nothing else.

Crpt

#3 Post by Crpt »

There's no particular error, after 6 seconds the screen of the player turns black .. I mean it returns in idle position , just doesn't want to play the stream. It doesn't matter which player gsopcast is using . As far as I know gnome-mplayer comes with all the necessary codecs and that's not the case .

bark_bark_bark

#4 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Well I don't understand what your asking. But if I am right, you're trying to get some stream off the internet. Have you tried any other streamable content?

Crpt

#5 Post by Crpt »

Ok, let me clarify Image as you can see , gsopcast is 100 % buffered, has enough peer , so everything with the connections is fine , but whatever player loads up , just doesn't want to play the stream. Nevermind, thank you for your reply . I'm wondering if it's possible to find sopcast for puppy precise with build in player instead of gsopcast.

Crpt

#6 Post by Crpt »

may be the problem is that vlc or mplayer don't open .asf file, with WMV works ,,,,

Crpt

#7 Post by Crpt »

I fixed the problem, it was the stream source , it wasn't in players and gsopcast . I need to apologize . Everything now is running smoothly .

Mercedes350se

#8 Post by Mercedes350se »

I have tried to use gsopcast but with no success whatsoever.

Would you please explain exactly what you did?

Crpt

#9 Post by Crpt »

I have installed this pet
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... fe233bef3/
and than in gsopcast Config tab I set gnome-mplayer , you can set whatever player you want , vlc or simple mplayer .
I have tested this on my 10 years old laptop with Retro-Precise Puppy 5.4.3 and on my desktop machine with Slacko 5.4 .

Mercedes350se

#10 Post by Mercedes350se »

Thank you. I prefer xine so have set that in the Config tab.

When gsopcast is opened I am presented with a number of possible selections. Clicking on some of these will give a similar reading to yours i.e. 100%, no of peers, etc etc. however xine does not open automatically.

If I open xine manually what information do I need to input?

Edit: Bit the bullet and installed mplayer - now all seems to be good. Spoke too soon - there are issues but they will be the subject of another thread.

In your post of Mon Jan 21 you said "I fixed the problem, it was the stream source ... "

What did you do?

Another gsopcast noob question. Is there any easy way to find 'net streams ...

Crpt

#11 Post by Crpt »

I tried various streams . In the beginning I was confused , because tried 2 different streams for 1 sport event with 3 different players .. and the same windows appeared as you can see from the screenshots.
Everything seemed OK , but there wasn't stream at all . So I began to ask myself what's wrong with my configs . After hours messing up the configs and codecs, I realize that there's nothing wrong with them and tried few more streams and finally everything fell into place.About finding the streams ... for the guy who is watching live only sport events and using mainly http://livetv.ru/ I can't help you much..

Mercedes350se

#12 Post by Mercedes350se »

Thank you.