Possible conflict between FBreader and SeaMonkey

Please post any bugs you have found
jsl06

Possible conflict between FBreader and SeaMonkey

#1 Post by jsl06 »

I am using slacko 5.3.1 . I recently added fbreader-0.12.10-i486 to my puppy which I use from a flash drive. Today when I booted up puppy linux seamonkey was frozen. I tried booting from a cd with the same result. I keep a copy of my pupsave files on a usb drive. Using this backup save-file, seamonkey worked with cd and flash drive.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

It's not clear why you think FBreader was the cause of SeaMonkey freezing. Is it just because you recently started using FBreader and now SeaMonkey comes up frozen, or is there something else you could add? And exactly what do you mean by freeze? SeaMonkey will open but do absolutely nothing else? Do other programs run ok? By the way, in Menu -> Internet you may find another browser you can try.

jsl06

#3 Post by jsl06 »

I mean that seamonkey by: (1) I could not get bookmarks: (2) I could not select file, edit, view, etc. I usually use slacko from a usb. I tried using a cd with the same results. I try to back-up. I had a save-file that was about a month old, before I installed FBreader. Sea monkey then worked fine. Also, I use a laptop that has windows installed, firefox worked fine. This makes me believe that the trouble was not the computer.

watchdog

#4 Post by watchdog »

Did you update your seamonkey version? Have you set automatic update?