Bind mounts do the same job as links. Links are better.!

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
sunburnt

#81 Post by sunburnt »

I booted to Puppy5.4.X.5 Precise, was using Puppy5.3-005.
The errors changed, what a surprise...

Code: Select all

#######  Run:  geeqie_1.0-10_i386

mount: warning: geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.a seems to be mounted read-only.
###  Unionfs-Fuse geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.w=RW:geeqie_1.0-10_i386/lib=RO:geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.a=RO:/=RO geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u

geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.a 

/tmp/AppPkg/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u/usr/lib/libexiv2.so.11
/tmp/AppPkg/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u/usr/lib/libexiv2.so.11.0.0
/tmp/AppPkg/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/tmp/AppPkg/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.16

getopt: unrecognized option '--version'
BusyBox v1.19.3 (2011-11-09 07:34:50 WST) multi-call binary.

Usage: getopt [OPTIONS]

-a,--alternative		Allow long options starting with single -
	-l,--longoptions=longopts	Long options to be recognized
	-n,--name=progname		The name under which errors are reported
	-o,--options=optstring		Short options to be recognized
	-q,--quiet			Disable error reporting by getopt(3)
	-Q,--quiet-output		No normal output
	-s,--shell=shell		Set shell quoting conventions
	-T,--test			Test for getopt(1) version
	-u,--unquoted			Don't quote the output

fakechroot: preload library not found, aborting.
# #######  End:  geeqie_1.0-10_i386

/tmp/AppPkg/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u
geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.a
# BUT... No permission error. It looks like fakechroot ran, but it had an error.
So it seems Puppy5.3 isn`t a good one to use. Lucid and Precise don`t mix well...
I noticed that Puppy5.4.X.5 has the newer libs. that I had put in the AppPkg/lib dir.

My Chrome AppPkg works in Puppy5.4.X.5, I`m posting this from it.

I need another distro. to use, but I can`t find a smallish Debian or Ubuntu live-CD.

# Amigo... What Linux distro. do you use? ### Maybe you`ll try it with Puppy?

amigo

#82 Post by amigo »

"./fakechroot geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u geeqie-standard"
should be:
"./fakechroot chroot geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u geeqie-standard"

As I said, geeqie_1.0-10_i386/geeqie_1.0-10_i386.u, being in the first spot, is being interpreted as the command to run.

My distro: I eat my own dog food, running KISS-5.0, all built and packaged from scratch. If you really wanna know how things work, you need to start with something like slackware or arch -normally installed to a hrad-disk without any initrd or any schnick-schnack. Once you understand the boot process fully, then study their installer which uses a pretty big initrd. Once you understand the difference in boot procedure, then you are qualified to start assembling your own from other peoples components -to make it do what you want. When 'what you want' is no longer with others' pieces, then you learn to build your own packages. It doesn't really matter what the package format is -the most important things will be the same, or nearly, from one pkg format to the next.

I've been rolling my own for several years now, and really like it because it takes the upgrade pressure off. The bad thing about arch or gentoo, in particular, is that you never get finished upgrading your system, so you never have any time to learn about other things -like what makes it tick and how to change that.

As for that getopts error, try playing around with the code in fakechroot which checks that -comment out the line 'getopts --version' and the normal options (the first set) and see if pups' getopt will work with the second set of options:

Code: Select all

#getopttest=`getopt --version`
#case $getopttest in
    #getopt*)
        # GNU getopt
        #opts=`getopt -q -l lib: -l use-system-libs -l config-dir: -l environment -l version -l help -- +l:sc:e:vh "$@"`
       # ;;
    #*)
        # POSIX getopt ?
        opts=`getopt l:sc:e:vh "$@"`
       # ;;
#esac
If you're gonna use fakechroot on pupish systems, then you'll need to fix it before distributing it, so that it works. Of course, simply changing the shebang works fine also, as we've seen.
Yes, expect different errors depending on which OS & variant is being used. In the case of puppy, this means 534 main versions with 12756 variants -each with its' own errors. LOL

sunburnt

#83 Post by sunburnt »

Well that must have been the right thing needed. On Puppy5.4.X.5 the VT went into a race.
My usual Puppy threw a pile of errors, and neither Puppy would reboot afterwards.
Yeah, I`d say fakechroot needs some work alright.
It`s late and I`m busy tomorrow so I`ll try again later in the day.
Thanks amigo...

amigo

#84 Post by amigo »

Ouch, guess I should have proposed a safer way to find out which getopts syntax would work with busybox-as-sh.