The Ultimate Invasion of Privacy

For discussions about security.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

The Ultimate Invasion of Privacy

#1 Post by Flash »

How a Chinese hacker used my private nickname, personal emails, and sensitive documents to try to blackmail me
[quote]...I was the chairman of a company that was building shopping centers in China. The company was a partnership of three entities: a major U.S. bank, a Chinese state-owned enterprise, and my firm. We were building centers in third- and fourth-tier cities. The anchor tenant was a multinational hypermarket. Nearly all the employees were Chinese. It was an exhilarating adventure for me, but it was of little consequence politically. The enterprise was building Chinese shopping centers in Chinese cities for Chinese consumers.

Even so, all of our Internet activity was monitored. There was a small modem-like device attached to the primary server in our computer room. It was not terribly clandestine. We were told that the “government

jpeps

#2 Post by jpeps »

Very informative. These hacks work regular 8 hour shifts collecting your personal info in addition to off-duty time on their own for extra cash. I guess that's called government security.