Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 19:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Slacko-5.4 feedback and bug reports
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 18 of 19 [281 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:27    Post subject:  

How are you starting CUPS now? From the Xdialog box? Or from localhost:631 in your web browser?
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:38    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
How are you starting CUPS now? From the Xdialog box? Or from localhost:631 in your web browser?

Cups will only start from localhost:631 in the browser,not by using the wizard..
Also,It would only start in this way before I decided to try installing the older version of CUPS.
However,I do have a backup copy of the savefile before I decided to install the printer this morning. Very Happy
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:41    Post subject:  

From the command line, run
Code:
defaultbrowser http://localhost:631
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:49    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
From the command line, run
Code:
defaultbrowser http://localhost:631

Permission denied Sad
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 10:54    Post subject:  

Brown Mouse wrote:
Permission denied

Go to the folder /usr/local/bin and check the permissions on the file defaultbrowser. It is probably not executable.

If just checked a clean install of slacko-5.4-firefox-4g.iso.

I ran Setup > PupControl > Hardware > Printer > Install > "Do you want help" > No

The CUPS 1.4.8 web interface started correctly.
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 11:03    Post subject:  

rcrsn51 wrote:
Brown Mouse wrote:
Permission denied

Go to the folder /usr/local/bin and check the permissions on the file defaultbrowser. It is probably not executable.

If just checked a clean install of slacko-5.4-firefox-4g.iso.

I ran Setup > PupControl > Hardware > Printer > Install > "Do you want help" > No

The CUPS 1.4.8 web interface started correctly.

All I get is this:- ine 2: exec: mozstart: not found
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 11:07    Post subject:  

Switching browsers has broken the "defaultbrowser" script. If you opened it in a text editor, you might be able to change it to run your current firefox instead.

There may be other Puppy tools that need "defaultbrowser" to work correctly.
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 14:03    Post subject:  

rcrsn51

Although its not the ideal fix,I used the backup savefile and managed to get CUPS 1.4.8 running from the Firefox browser that I had changed to an updateable version and using the localhost:631 method.The CUPS wizard remains broken.I then installed the hplip driver for my printer and configured it to run and print.
Not sure why it wouldn't work on the many first attempts.

Thanks for your help.
8-bit

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2013, 05:10    Post subject:  

The script file that starts the browser cups interface is /usr/sbin/cups_shell and since it is a script, it is editable.
So one can change the browser used there or change the /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser file to the browser you are using.
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 09:15    Post subject:  

8-bit wrote:
The script file that starts the browser cups interface is /usr/sbin/cups_shell and since it is a script, it is editable.
So one can change the browser used there or change the /usr/local/bin/defaultbrowser file to the browser you are using.

Thanks 8-bit

It transpires that a Firefox symlink was missing from /usr/lib/firefox/firefox to /usr/bin/.Once I added this,CUPS wizard now working again.
Sage

PostPosted: Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:15    Post subject:  

Runs nicely, few strange features like the cursor shape-change over targets and the point sizing, etc.
One item which is utterly bizarre - I first highlighted it a couple of centuries ago. Try pfix=ram, nox and stick in GB, UK, London, whatever. Top of the opening panel still shows USA! Always has done, hopefully never will again. Why not make Perth the default for all the locale settings? This pooch deserves the best.
Otherwise, fantastic.
For ultimate polish a well-developed, stable, extensively tested .pet clickable update file would set this offering apart from all the minor players and put it in the major league.
horhota

PostPosted: Thu 14 Feb 2013, 14:51    Post subject: Citrix ICA Client Not working in Slacko 5.4  

I just tried Slacko 5.4 and I really like it. However I found one problem that is critical for me. I've had a Citrix ICA client (citrixICA-10.6.115659_openmotif-2.3.1-i486.pet) working in Puppy since I was using Lucid 5.2. I got it from one of the threads in this forum (viewtopic.php?t=29&search_id=233036402). It has been working fine in Slacko 5.3.1 and 5.3.3. I reinstalled it in 5.4 - no problems during install - but it comes up with a host transaction error box when I try to run it in 5.4. Does anyone have an updated ICA client for 5.4 or any suggestions on how to fix the error? I need this ICA client running to access my mainframe computer at work. In the meantime I'll have to back to 5.3. Thanks.
mister_electronico

PostPosted: Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:58    Post subject: I want fix alsamixer and retrovol  

I am running puppy 5.4 but in retrovol and alsamixer is missing all controls, only appear IEC958, with the same PC and puppy 5.33 work all Ok.

I had read people fix alsamixer and retrovol but I don't know how do it.
Someone can say me a good post or tutorial.

Thanks.
natgab

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 02:17    Post subject: Power Management problem - Slacko 5.4  

Question regarding power management,

I was watching a movie (using VLC )on TV hooked up to my Thinkpad X40 through VGA cable. The computer keeps dimming after every 30 min or so. The screen dims even while the movie would still play. I can still hear the movie. I am wondering if there is a setting I didn't set. I have the laptop plugged in to the AC, and I set to never sleep and never sleep display.

Doesn't seem to be caused by save file, since that only makes the menu appear above the movie ( I am using full screen ) back up the save file and then disappears. I had previously used Lucid 5.2.8 Wary to view movies the same way and the screen would not sleep on me.

I hope this is the right place to post, I had posted in House Training for regular users and never got a response in over a week.

X40 Thinkpad Laptop OS Lxpup 14 LXDE (nieces toy now)
Terryphi

PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb 2013, 03:03    Post subject: Re: Power Management problem - Slacko 5.4  

natgab wrote:
Question regarding power management,

I was watching a movie (using VLC )on TV hooked up to my Thinkpad X40 through VGA cable. The computer keeps dimming after every 30 min or so.

Yes, I have seen inexplicable screen dimming on my Acer Aspire 5749 laptop - and it only happens with Slacko 5.4. I have been unable to work out why this happens but it seems unrelated to the load placed on the laptop.

Page 18 of 19 [281 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 16, 17, 18, 19 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: