Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 24 Nov 2014, 10:26
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
MiniDLNA media server
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
blindman

PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb 2013, 17:12    Post subject:  

blindman wrote:
minidlna-1.0.22-1.pet works pretty well for me.
But substitle in the same folder (and with the same name "video_name".srt) with the movie doesnt come while viewing on another pc with vlc.
Has anyone an idea how to make it work?
Thank you for every answer.

Hello,
thanks shinobar for your work.

Do you have any ideas with my problem?
stevielee

PostPosted: Tue 26 Mar 2013, 19:57    Post subject: Uses of the conf file and quirks in the client filesystem  

Hi all -

I have a few questions on this subject. I am new to "power user" type topics, so I was wondering if there are sites that really give great info on how to do media streaming, protocol types, etc. Because it seems that this thread would be very popular for people wanting to use puppy for streaming. Do they use other protocols and tweak their details rather than using dlna? Is one confined to using dlna if the streaming client device (like my LG BP220 blu ray player) seems, I guess, to use only dlna? It would be nice to get some responses on those questions.

I have used the minidlna program here in puppy, and it works well enough. It seems to take a while to scan, though. Is there a way to prevent recursive directory scanning? Also, what is a presentation url and the http port for media transfer traffic? Can this url and port be used for anything - like being accessed with a browser or monitored with a utility that monitors data incoming on ports?

Thanks,

Steven
ally

PostPosted: Wed 26 Mar 2014, 19:23    Post subject:  

I recent user of this pet

shinobar - thanks matey - brilliant stuff!!

Smile
linbie

PostPosted: Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:37    Post subject: Cant get it work on Slacko 5.3 - OK on Pupeee  

Hi
With default settings I can get minidlna to work with pupeee. However if I use the same config file on slack 5.3 the server is not seen by any device?

Any suggestions
linbie

PostPosted: Fri 25 Apr 2014, 02:55    Post subject: Re: Cant get it work on Slacko 5.3 - OK on Pupeee  

linbie wrote:
Hi
With default settings I can get minidlna to work with pupeee. However if I use the same config file on slack 5.3 the server is not seen by any device?

Any suggestions

Worked it out - Turn Off the Firewall
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: