RJARRRPCGP Puppy is born!

News, happenings
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP Puppy is born!

#1 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

Just got a successful 3.4.29 kernel compilation, with RT too!

My sound was wiped out. Because I'm required to compile the sound as modules! Fixed now!

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

If I may make a small suggestion...?

Please name it something other than "RJARRRPCGP Puppy" -- because if you do it will be almost impossible to find with the forum search tool!

No offense to you (or John Murga) but that particular search method is barely even halfway reliable when one spells things correctly. I have to be looking at that rather long yet not entirely comprehensible series of letters in order to type it correctly -- and if I'm looking for your Puppy that's not going to help much now is it? ;)

I'd suggest "RAWR Puppy" or "ARGH Puppy" if you're looking for something similar-sounding. If not... PM me a screenshot and your intended design goals/ideals when you've got a beta going, and I'll see if I can think of something better.

starhawk

#3 Post by starhawk »

Geez -- hope I didn't scare you off with that! (If I did, I'm very sorry.)

Barkin

#4 Post by Barkin »

starhawk wrote:No offense to you (or John Murga) but that particular search method is barely even halfway reliable when one spells things correctly ...
there is a google-wellminded search for this forum which is worth a try ...

http://www.wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html

https://www.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=%22RJARRRPCGP+Puppy%22+&sa=Search&cof=FORID%3A0&siteurl=www.wellminded.com%2Fpuppy%2Fpupsearch.html&ref=&ss=55j3025j2#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=%22RJARRRPCGP%20Puppy%22&gsc.page=1

starhawk

#5 Post by starhawk »

I tend to use that for things outside of this forum, or when the forum search fails me utterly.

But I do use it.

RJARRRPCGP

#6 Post by RJARRRPCGP »

starhawk wrote:If I may make a small suggestion...?

Please name it something other than "RJARRRPCGP Puppy" -- because if you do it will be almost impossible to find with the forum search tool!
There wasn't intended to be a given name yet. This is preliminary.

I apologize. Just was announcing a customization and kernel 3.4.29 was compiled on a full install. I dunno how I can even distribute the kernel changes.....

I would like to know how I could put this kernel into the ISO.....

The kernel compilation went fine:

1. Puppy requires the sound and the sequencer part compiled as modules.

2. I just found out that the intel driver requires KMS and without KMS, you will get the dreaded "llvmpipe" renderer.

In fact, I'm planning a project to make a puplet that's better than the past projects.

Studio 4 has broken/missing DRI support, a showstopper for me. :(

Possibly the same issue as 4.3.

Intel graphics support is broken in 4.3. Nvidia support is fine in 4.3, IIRC.

starhawk

#7 Post by starhawk »

I apologize. I did not realize that you were not really assigning it a name yet. I'm sorry I jumped the gun!