Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 22 Jul 2014, 13:49
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
pEqualizer - graphical EQ
Page 2 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
hughtmccullough

PostPosted: Mon 04 Feb 2013, 18:25    Post subject:  

This is a really useful feature. However, I don't want to use it all the time. I have a high quality USB DAC that I use for audio and when I have good quality recordings I want to be able to send the music file directly to the USB audio without going through the equalizer or any mixers etc. Is it possible to switch the equalizer off and on so that I can either use it or completely bypass it (and any other devices that could modify the audio signal or resample it)?
01micko

PostPosted: Sat 09 Feb 2013, 05:45    Post subject:  

When pequalizer is not running the equalizer backend is switched off. However, since it is integrated with Pmusic, when Pmusic is running so too is the equalizer backend.

The reason for this is that when alsaequal is running it conflicts with arecord and some alsa functions. I do realise that any software equalizer can only degrade signal.

HTH

Dromeno

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 03:16    Post subject: Balance slider  

Request: I would like to have a balance slider in the pEqualizer. Weird but it is not in Alsa Mixer or Retrovol. And not on my external speaker set either.

or,even better, is it possible to split the equalizer in two, one equalizer for each speaker?
zigbert

PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb 2013, 05:09    Post subject:  

pMusic has builtin balance slider (But not in the default frontend). I plan to include volume/balance with the in the external equalizer window.

BUT, if Mick finds it more suitable to include it into pEqualizer, I will of course skip it.

Sigmund

hughtmccullough

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb 2013, 17:45    Post subject:  

Mick

Thanks for the reply to my earlier post about turning pequalizer on and off. I have been playing around with things since and may have come up with a solution. If I select my sound card in Pmusic: Preferences > Playback instead of the default "auto" setting, it says that this disables the equalizer. Therefore, my reasoning is that I should be able to use this setting to bypass the equalizer and, hopefully, any other processes that would modify the sound. Then if I want to use pequalizer, I can set it back to auto. Am I right or have I got this all wrong?
Hogweed

PostPosted: Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:10    Post subject: Re: Balance slider  

Dromeno wrote:
Request: I would like to have a balance slider in the pEqualizer. Weird but it is not in Alsa Mixer or Retrovol. And not on my external speaker set either.

Click the speaker icon in the tray then press the control or shift key as you adjust the volume. CTRL is right channel. SHIFT is left. Took me ages to find that first time. Works in retrovol full window as well.
zigbert

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb 2013, 04:02    Post subject:  

hughtmccullough wrote:
Mick

Thanks for the reply to my earlier post about turning pequalizer on and off. I have been playing around with things since and may have come up with a solution. If I select my sound card in Pmusic: Preferences > Playback instead of the default "auto" setting, it says that this disables the equalizer. Therefore, my reasoning is that I should be able to use this setting to bypass the equalizer and, hopefully, any other processes that would modify the sound. Then if I want to use pequalizer, I can set it back to auto. Am I right or have I got this all wrong?
The sound card setting in pMusic will override global alsa settings. That means, pEqualizer won't work in pMusic, while it should work for other apps using the default alsa setting. The main purpose by selecting sound card in pMusic is to allow multiple targets: Play with pMusic on your headphones while the local radio plays in the livingroom using another app...

Sigmund

Page 2 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: