How to install RTL8188CUS wireless driver?

rubantin

How to install RTL8188CUS wireless driver?

#1 Post by rubantin »

I have a Puppy Linux install and want to install a wireless LAN... I can download the driver off the site... but where do I install it too and how do I install it?

Atle

#2 Post by Atle »

Hi Rubantin

Its very common that the driver is included already depending on your specific Wlan card. You might need to provide some data here.

I think most important would be what version of Puppy Linux you are running and if you know, what kind of a Wlan chip that is present.

And did you just try to connect? Puppy does not require additional drivers normally.

Best

Atle

rubantin

#3 Post by rubantin »

I am using a barebone distro of WARY PUPPY 5.3, so the driver miight not be in there... I inserted the usb WLAN and used the internet connection wizard to configure it but the only one it saw was the MB LAN card... not the wireless...

The chipset for the WLAN is RTL8188CUS...

Thanks

Atle

#4 Post by Atle »

I would not know anything about Wary bare bone and neither if its possible to download the driver for this. But as said in another post, you might try Slacko and/or Lucid.

Atle

rubantin

#5 Post by rubantin »

The driver download is the official one and it is for Linux... So, I just need to know where to "unzip" it too and how to install it...

Thanks

rokytnji

#6 Post by rokytnji »

You might want to PM shariebeth.

http://puppylinux.info/topic/racy-53-ke ... ver-needed

since
The driver download is the official one and it is for Linux... So, I just need to know where to "unzip" it too and how to install it...

rubantin

#7 Post by rubantin »

the whole time I was using the wrong chipset desgnation... did the ndiswrapper thinga nd is running great.