How to select multiple items from a Rox list?

Booting, installing, newbie
rmcellig

How to select multiple items from a Rox list?

#1 Post by rmcellig »

If I view a directory by list, how can I select more than one icon? I know I can use the control key to select them one by one but what if I want to select the first 10 for example, shift clicking on the first and last item doesn't work like for example in Ubuntu.

Maybe it's faster doing it in the command line. Go to a directory and do something like mv *.FLAC /root/test_folder or something like this?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Place your cursor above or below the area of items you want, then hold left and drag to encompass.
Attachments
start-box-above-or-between-icons.jpg
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

Thanks Semme! That helps. I'm just trying to get used to using Openbox and learning how to sort the files and then select what I want to copy/move. Now if I can learn more about using the command line way, I'm sure that in some cases it is faster and more efficient.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

The main thought to keep in mind about the cli?

While expedient, it takes practice and a willingness to push on when you fail.

rmcellig

#5 Post by rmcellig »

Good point. I come from the Maccside of computing (since1988). After switching to linux I promised myself that I would at least try to learn the command line. While challenging, I'm taking it step by step and still plugging away. What amazes me about openbox are all the features available from this tiny DE.