Can't connect to wireless network (Solved)

adi

Can't connect to wireless network (Solved)

#1 Post by adi »

I tried to connect on my wireless network after making save file but I could not reconnect even delete with simple network wizard.
Last edited by adi on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

You'll have to give us a little more information. What version of Puppy? How are you using it? (Live CD with Save file on hard disk; USB flash install; multisession DVD) Were you able to connect before you created the Save file? Where did you create the Save file?

adi

more details

#3 Post by adi »

I use usb flash install (4G) with unetbootin on dell gx520 (with celeron 3000 processor). All looks ok at the first run but then do not connect to my wireless wpa network with simple network wizard. Previously I used delete 1 but now I cannot delete anymore both for 5.4.92 or 5.4.93 isos. There is a message from the wizard to change wpa to wep but I am not so skilled to hack my network. I used a 512 mb save file and all that happen after reboot. The file was on the same usb stick.
Last edited by adi on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 19:45, edited 4 times in total.

adi

more info

#4 Post by adi »

The wireless adapter is tp-link tl-wn321g v2 usb adapter

pemasu

#5 Post by pemasu »

in console, run: pmodemdiag
post the created tarball here.
Possible reason. rt2500usb has been loaded but rt73usb is the right driver for you. dmesg might show the problem.
If you have rt2500usb loaded, you can test the theory manually also:
modprobe -r rt2500usb
modprobe rt73usb.

But this is just hunch atm.

adi

may be router problems

#6 Post by adi »

Thanks! Now it works again. I did not try to delete network settings because I cannot do it... Puppy is the best os to navigate on the internet because of its speed. Of course I wait for more pets or bigger distros in order to open more types of files. Thats why it is so important for me to connect both at home or with 3g mobile modem. Perhaps the ip is not recognized all the time.