WaveIO

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jrling

WaveIO

#1 Post by jrling »

Looking back at various postings on WaveIO issues:
===============================================
Sounds like you're running into the same unmute issue. It's not WaveIO specific actually, it could affect a number of different components, it's just most common with the WaveIO. The root cause is that devices with a space in the name aren't unmuted.

There is one small issue remaining – the waveIO is not detected by pup unless it is powered up after the mpdpup is started . The mute issue was fixed as per post 2 and stays OK.

I don't have any idea if this is an Linux problem or a problem with the WaveIO itself.
===============================================

ldolse - I wondered if:
1. You had any further findings on the boot up problem that I have with WaveIO? Similar to described above?
2. If the fact that the WaveIO has a space in its name could also be responsible for erratic boot behaviour as well the 'Unmute' issue?
3. Is there any permanent way of fixing removing the space in the name in a config file or programmatically, that might fix one or both issues?

Clearly quite a few of your users are running with WaveIO - not surprising as it is really good and inexpensive.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Did you mean to post this here? If not, copy it and paste it where it should be, then let me know.