absvolume-puppytray

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
goingnuts

#21 Post by goingnuts »

No - I am not back porting a lot of stuff - I only try to do it with the things I really miss - like a volume-tray-thing.
Its mainly to include in pupngo2012 - and when/if finalized I will post it in that thread.
The nice thing with gtk1 is that you can compile most stuff static - which I haven't had much success with using gtk2.

amigo

#22 Post by amigo »

Okay, I've found it -but you're not gonna be pleased. Will did a real hack on the sources so it will be hard to find the changes. Apparently he blanked out several sources files completely -perhaps combining some of their code into main.c and interface.c I guess you'll find the icon code and other changes with a bit of patience. One thing to note is that the original sources don't compile correctly and won't even start unless you 'ln -sf main.c absvolume.c'

Of course I'll be thrilled to have a copy of your GTK1 version -with or without Hairy Will's changes. Are they gonna be nightmare too?
LOL.

Edit, I had to delete old cache files and pre-compiled bins to make the archive fit under 256KB.
Attachments
AbsVolume_1.0_puppytray-0.8.tar.gz
Sources to Hairy Will's absvolume hack
(118.23 KiB) Downloaded 449 times

goingnuts

#23 Post by goingnuts »

Thanks amigo! Turns out that the HW mods are quite gtk2-based :cry:
The gtk1 version of the original is working but without a tray icon. And the gtk1 rangewidget does not support "gtk_range_set_inverted" so the slider scale is turned upside down...
I will have a look at gtk1 blinky source to see if I can use something from it to create the tray-icon in combination with the scale from org absvol and maybe include the change of trayicon from HW´s source...
Its almost a new app...
And if I manage to do it - it will probably be a nightmare to do a real package afterwards :lol:

amigo

#24 Post by amigo »

"it will probably be a nightmare to do a real package afterwards" Oh Boy! Well, that's a good reason for being on good terms with me, right?

goingnuts

#25 Post by goingnuts »

Thanks to amigo for helping with getting it done! The pmvol-0.2 is released...

disciple

#26 Post by disciple »

You guys are nuts ;)
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

amigo

#27 Post by amigo »

Yes, we are nuts and we love every minute of it!