some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?

Using applications, configuring, problems
oui

some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?

#1 Post by oui »

hi

a lot of SFS's here:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/emil/Latex/

did you test them? in which Puppy's / puplets with some success?

did you find some Xemacs as SFS to use with?

rgds

tallboy

#2 Post by tallboy »

Oui, non, non!
I have used LaTex a lot, but I must say that those kind of applications is the reason why I have a ridiculously large Debian installation on my HD. :? The mere thought of running an Emacs with all bells and whistles, plus a decent LaTex setup run from a puppy, almost makes me shiver! Each time I open my big Debian, the boot program runs fschk because I haven't used it for many sessions. But that is the reason I use a puppy; as a quick and easy everyday distribution. My Debian is left for heavy math/cad programs, Emacs/LaTex, picture or movie editing, music and all things demanding large, heavy programs. The full ctan LaTex texlive DVD was about 4Gb last time I installed it to my HD (oh yes, I did!).

I honestly think LaTex and Puppy is a bad match, but then again, I run a live puppy and I regularly speak a lot of bullsh.. :lol:

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

rasul

Re: some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?

#3 Post by rasul »

oui wrote:hi

a lot of SFS's here:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/emil/Latex/

did you test them? in which Puppy's / puplets with some success?

did you find some Xemacs as SFS to use with?

rgds

Hi, yes I very much used the package "texlive-2011-FULLAPP.sfs", thanks goes to @emil, and let me tell you it was great, a complete Texlive 2011 with 500 MB size on my flash disk everywhere at my touch!

I tried it with SageLive and Saluki and it worked. The only problem that I had was that I required to update a package from CTAN due to a bug in the available package but I was not able to do that, but nevertheless I simply downloaded that package and copied it into my work folder and again everything was fine. Now I don't need that package so everything should be better :)

Emil is busy I believe, maybe he can upgrade the whole set of files some later. Also I use TeXWorks as my default editor.
Godspeed

oui

#4 Post by oui »

Hi Rasul

Thank you!

I will try following you indication to use one of both because the LazyPup has not all dependencies...

Rgds