Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 19 Apr 2014, 13:09
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 11:14    Post subject:  some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?  

hi

a lot of SFS's here:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/emil/Latex/

did you test them? in which Puppy's / puplets with some success?

did you find some Xemacs as SFS to use with?

rgds
tallboy

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 15:01    Post subject:  

Oui, non, non!
I have used LaTex a lot, but I must say that those kind of applications is the reason why I have a ridiculously large Debian installation on my HD. Confused The mere thought of running an Emacs with all bells and whistles, plus a decent LaTex setup run from a puppy, almost makes me shiver! Each time I open my big Debian, the boot program runs fschk because I haven't used it for many sessions. But that is the reason I use a puppy; as a quick and easy everyday distribution. My Debian is left for heavy math/cad programs, Emacs/LaTex, picture or movie editing, music and all things demanding large, heavy programs. The full ctan LaTex texlive DVD was about 4Gb last time I installed it to my HD (oh yes, I did!).

I honestly think LaTex and Puppy is a bad match, but then again, I run a live puppy and I regularly speak a lot of bullsh.. Laughing

tallboy

rasul

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 17:36    Post subject: Re: some latex, tetex, texlive, lyx amateur there?  

oui wrote:
hi

a lot of SFS's here:

http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/emil/Latex/

did you test them? in which Puppy's / puplets with some success?

did you find some Xemacs as SFS to use with?

rgds

Hi, yes I very much used the package "texlive-2011-FULLAPP.sfs", thanks goes to @emil, and let me tell you it was great, a complete Texlive 2011 with 500 MB size on my flash disk everywhere at my touch!

I tried it with SageLive and Saluki and it worked. The only problem that I had was that I required to update a package from CTAN due to a bug in the available package but I was not able to do that, but nevertheless I simply downloaded that package and copied it into my work folder and again everything was fine. Now I don't need that package so everything should be better Smile

Emil is busy I believe, maybe he can upgrade the whole set of files some later. Also I use TeXWorks as my default editor.
Godspeed
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Sat 02 Mar 2013, 19:16    Post subject:  

Hi Rasul

Thank you!

I will try following you indication to use one of both because the LazyPup has not all dependencies...

Rgds
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: