How to turn off the screensaver?

Booting, installing, newbie
sheldoncooper

How to turn off the screensaver?

#1 Post by sheldoncooper »

Hi,
I m using puppy for years now, started with puppy 2....
great if windows bitches around, for quick surfing....

anyhow, I got a nagging problem,

when I use puppy (4.3) , live, not installed or something,
I h a t e it, that the screen blacks out,

when I uncheck the box in pupX to disable the saver... and click apply.. it says, settings saved for this session,,,, but the screen goes of anyway,

this really annoys me,

please tell me someone how to turn off the saver in live session, please no discussion why I want that, I just HATE IT,

and of course, when using gnome, same problem...
in gnome, I uncheck the boxes for screenblacking... (the maximum setting is 2hours only, and not OFF) and it goes of no matter what I do.
I have to stop the gnome screensave PROCESS in the process manager,,, I dont want to be mean, but these kind of problems are the reason why windows will stay on top looooooooooongggggg time,

it is not possible to turn of a screensaver... hmm...

DaveS

#2 Post by DaveS »

Just download this .pet, click on it, hey presto, no more screensaver. You will need to re-boot after install to activate it.
Attachments
screensaver.pet
(271 Bytes) Downloaded 576 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

sheldoncooper

#3 Post by sheldoncooper »

thx,

but I m talking about puppy LIVE-SESSION, and I dont want to install puppy

so my problem was how to turn of the saver with the dvd running in live session...

why nobody answers, if its that difficult, I m honored, because I did try A LOT, and I cannot turn it off, so I can call myself now linux-nerd

btw, the setting in pupx... not working, since endless releases... at least in live session....

DaveS

#4 Post by DaveS »

sheldoncooper wrote:thx,

but I m talking about puppy LIVE-SESSION, and I dont want to install puppy

so my problem was how to turn of the saver with the dvd running in live session...

why nobody answers, if its that difficult, I m honored, because I did try A LOT, and I cannot turn it off, so I can call myself now linux-nerd

btw, the setting in pupx... not working, since endless releases... at least in live session....
Only thing I can think of is to re-master with that little script installed.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Kal

#5 Post by Kal »

In the case of running a live cd (Puppy 4.30) without a pupsave file, you need to restart X after doing a pupX change to the screensaver area.

You can check this in terminal console by running the command, "xset -q" (no quotes). You should see a line saying:

DPMS is Disabled

sheldoncooper

#6 Post by sheldoncooper »

ok thx, I ll try restarting then...

(little bit complicated isnt it??)

stiginge

#7 Post by stiginge »

I disabled the screensaver in 529full herehttp://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 9&start=15 and now I've lost my printer, volume and maybe some other things which I haven't found yet :roll: anyone with any ideas what happened here?
Buy silver, crash JPMorgan