pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
BarryK
Puppy Master

#3061 Post by BarryK »

666philb wrote:there seems to be a symlink missing ..... symlink /bin/busybox to /usr/bin and rename the link cal
Yes, the 'cal' symlink is missing. Thanks for finding that.

I have fixed it:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 894#680894
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

der-schutzhund

#3062 Post by der-schutzhund »

I'm using 2.3.8 under Lazy and have the problem that the drives are not displayed correctly. It is not recognized if a drive is mounted or unmounted. And the free memory is not shown. I try around a bit and found the following effect:
If I mount all the drives, then pwidgets start, click it once to the right button below and update it then everything works normally.
Can I automate this?

Grettings

Wolfgang

Argolance

#3063 Post by Argolance »

Hello,
zigbert wrote:If you have looked into Pwidgets poor theming, please note that it is possible to make individual themes for each widget. See /root/.pwidgets/themes/DeepThought/. Here you see 'main' and 'Ram'. Main theme is used when no individual theme exist. All widgets with DeepThought theme are goldish, but the Ram widget are blue.
(This directory doesn't exist: /root/.pwidgets/themes/DeepThought/...) Where could I find more explanations about this?
I would like to load widgets themes matching with the current jwm/gtk theme when changed. So, is it possible to set a pwidget theme using simple command line?

Thank you.

Cordialement.
Last edited by Argolance on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

zigbert

#3064 Post by zigbert »

Argolance
DeepThought is old. Please check out /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/themes/Startdust-orange. There you will see the 'main' theme which is global while the others is bound to a unique widget with the same naming.

By redefining the THEME variable in $HOME/.pwidgets/pwidgetsrc you can choose the theme of your liking.

Sigmund

Argolance

#3065 Post by Argolance »

Hello zigbert,
Thanks.
And what about the complete "gettextization" of Pwidgets? Many (French and others) users are often asking for. I wanted to try to make it, but, with the improvements of gtkdialog, I wondered if you were not working on a new version? So it would be then useless...

Cordialement.

zigbert

#3066 Post by zigbert »

Argolance
I have left pWidgets in the dark...
There might be more widgets in the future, but not as in pWidgets....

Sigmund

Moat

#3067 Post by Moat »

Discovered an extremely minor bug in the WeatherStation script, which prevents a wind direction of 50 degrees from displaying the pcompass font arrow... line 89 is missing a space between the '=' sign and the number '50'

:)

Bob

zigbert

#3068 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.5.0
See main post

This release is a heavy cleanup.
- only conky 1.6.1 and xonclock widgets are supported.
- The gauge-fonts and compass-font didn't work, so they (and relevant widgets) are removed.
- Looked through many widgets to make them work and give them a unified look. But some are still troublesome - please take a look!!!!
- Removed sidebar to avoid conflict with wallpaper setter. You better make a decent wallpaper instead.
- Increased width of widgets from 140 to 180 pixels
- Fixed installation process
- Use only Monofonto and DejaVu as fonts for text. Removed ionic because not monospace.
- 64-bit package
- tested in Slacko 5.7.0 and Slacko_64 5.9.1

zigbert

#3069 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.5.1
More refinements

davids45

black backgrounds?

#3070 Post by davids45 »

G'day zigbert,

Thanks for updating the very popular Pwidgets.

I see in TahrPup & Slacko Fulls, the black background (from conky?) persists in the Processes widget while the other widgets I use are transparent. Can I remove or edit this widget config to have a transparent background?

A suggested widget option - space, RAM & CPUs in one multi-bar widget? A combined RAM & CPU bar widget saves vertical space on my wide 16:9 monitor. For even more compaction, I add the "text" lines from the RAM & CPU widget configs to the end of the Space_Puppy_filesystem widget config so there are four bars together (partition space, RAM use, and dual CPU usage) in the modified Puppy Space widget.

The text section of my combined widget config file reads:
TEXT
${color2}${font pdingobats2:bold:size=20}:${font DejaVu:bold:size=12}${color0} Puppy Space
${color2}${font DejaVu:bold:size=8}${offset 35}${fs_size /}${if_empty ${execi 4 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/scripts/Space_Puppy_filesystem}}${color6}${else}${color5}${endif}$alignr ${fs_free /}
${color1}${offset 30}${fs_bar 6 /}
${color0}RAM${color2}${alignr}${membar 10,130}
${color0}CPU 1 ${color3}${cpubar cpu1 10,132}
${color0}CPU 2 ${color6}${cpubar cpu2 10,132}
I set different colours for the bars for easier seeing what is happening.

David S.

bigpup

#3071 Post by bigpup »

Pwidgets Version 2.5.1

Full install of Slacko 5.7

This version fixed all the problems I was having with Pwidgets.
It is working fine for me.

Thanks for the update!!!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

zigbert

Re: black backgrounds?

#3072 Post by zigbert »

davids45 wrote:A suggested widget option - space, RAM & CPUs in one multi-bar widget? A combined RAM & CPU bar widget saves vertical space on my wide 16:9 monitor. For even more compaction, I add the "text" lines from the RAM & CPU widget configs to the end of the Space_Puppy_filesystem widget config so there are four bars together (partition space, RAM use, and dual CPU usage) in the modified Puppy Space widget.
There is 'no' limits for possible widgets, and it is all up to the kennel to put together new widgets. As a basic, pWidgets tries to be flexible, and that is why the widgets are separated. It is nothing wrong with setting up a unique conky configuration file.

Sigmund

zigbert

#3073 Post by zigbert »

davids45 wrote:I see in TahrPup & Slacko Fulls, the black background (from conky?) persists in the Processes widget while the other widgets I use are transparent. Can I remove or edit this widget config to have a transparent background?
Yes you can.
It is controlled by the options

own_window_transparent no
own_window_colour black

in /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/Processes

Sigmund

davids45

#3074 Post by davids45 »

G'day zigbert,
Thanks for your answers.
David S.

Pelo

Dude on supersulu

#3075 Post by Pelo »

Dude on supersulu. J'aime le desktop Dude, ses icons, son Wallpaper, sa wbar, see the show by clicking here.
I will continue installaing this DUde desktop environment in 2014, yes, I will ! :D

ASRI éducation

#3076 Post by ASRI éducation »

Two small problems (nothing serious).

1 - I can not view configuration files.
2 - Options GUI: langauge => language.

Regards
Attachments
pwidgets-2.5.1_language.png
(17.19 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
pwidgets-2.5.1_show_config_files.png
(76.25 KiB) Downloaded 934 times
Projet ASRI éducation => [url=http://asri-education.org/]Association[/url] | [url=http://forum.asri-education.org/]Forum[/url] | [url=http://dl01.asri-education.org/]Dépôt[/url] | [url=http://kids.asri-education.org/]Espace kids[/url]

zigbert

#3077 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.5.2
See main post

Changelog
- transparent processes widget (thanks to david45)
- more adjustments of widgets
- fix 'show config' (thanks to ASRI éducation)
- fix download link for NLS files (thanks to ASRI éducation)

zigbert

#3078 Post by zigbert »

davids45 wrote:A combined RAM & CPU bar widget saves vertical space on my wide 16:9 monitor.
Be aware that you are NOT limited to one widgets setup. The Cluster plugin let you run several setups, and you can have ie. widgets at both sides of the screen.

Sigmund

zigbert

Re: Dude on supersulu

#3079 Post by zigbert »

Pelo wrote:Dude on supersulu. J'aime le desktop Dude, ses icons, son Wallpaper, sa wbar, see the show by clicking here.
I will continue installaing this DUde desktop environment in 2014, yes, I will ! :D
Hello Pelo
I am glad you like DuDE, but please note that most of its features are now supported by the new alternative jwm_config tool together with pTheme and pWidgets. Please check out this
The new tools are updated to work with more recent Puppies, are more powerful, and uses less cpu.

Sigmund

zigbert

#3080 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.5.3
See main post

Fixed the weather widgets, worldclock and downspeed