Greetings to you all from Birmingham UK.

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
ally

#21 Post by ally »

not sure if you can boot usb's with multiple iso in the same way as a traditional hdd BUT isobooter allows this - run a search for this

IIRC there is pdisk in the system (?) menu that will allow you to delete/repair the partition/table

had a similar issue (not eee) on a machine a ways back

in the mean time you can substitute the hdd with a sd-card and boot from that in the same way as a hdd if you have one kicking about, just make sure sd-reader is enabled in the bios

I can send puppy installed to an sd-card if it helps

:)

Markup 001

#22 Post by Markup 001 »

I dont think I have any sd cards here but I just found an old box full of sticks that I thought I had thrown away, so now that I know I can install Pupeee 1.0 to a bootable USB from just the single iso file, I think that is my next step. Phew, I've done some head scratching tonight :lol:

isobooter here I come... :)

Thank you so much ally!

nooby

#23 Post by nooby »

Ally then I hope you help Mark out to get it going :)

Mark, I am too lazy but if you use clever search word
in the search engine linked to in my signature then
you will find a whole thread dedicated to rescuing the
files that jemimah provided.

puppeee jemimah
and some other search key word would be needed.

I am too unreliable to be of any help though.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

Markup 001

#24 Post by Markup 001 »

nooby wrote:Ally then I hope you help Mark out to get it going :)

Mark, I am too lazy but if you use clever search word
in the search engine linked to in my signature then
you will find a whole thread dedicated to rescuing the
files that jemimah provided.
Excellent, what a great engine for all things Puppy, I have made use of it already - Thanks nooby!

nooby wrote:I am too unreliable to be of any help though.
:lol: :lol: I dont believe that for a moment... :)

Markup 001

#25 Post by Markup 001 »

ally wrote:puppeee1.0

all control keys work and in addition there is the eee-control just next to the start menu which allows to to switch off card reader, wifi etc for power management

it's very fast too, got all the kids and the folks eee's and it's quicker than my sons dual core with win7 64!!

HEY ally

For the first time I am posting to you from my little eee and through the Pupeee wireless.

How right you were!! Its brilliant, everythiNg just WORKS. I can read my taskbar, I can get online and things appear to be where I would logically expect them to be. What a wonderful little distribution of Linux eh ally.

Also your pdisk suggestion was spot on, when I ran it, it immediately allowed me to clean up the partitions and remove that old Linux-swap partition that was preventing me from doing anything within the hard drive.
I'm really really pleased I went Linux now and again I am going now to look into doing a frugal install to hard disk so that I can just keep the USB stick for backup etc.

Thank you so so much for your help and encouragement...
Mark :D

ally

#26 Post by ally »

nice one!

the google included is a little out of date and worth upgrading, there is a version 10 here:http://sourceforge.net/projects/mywolfe ... le-chrome/

5th one down 'google-chrome-dev-10.0.612.1.pet' it will install over the top

a newer flash here: http://puppylinuxfaq.org/add-on-softwar ... h-pet.html

unfortunately the puppeee.com website has been down for sometime but I rescued what I could from the waybackmachine if needed

a short list here: http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Puppeee?show_comments=3

time to get puppy on the rest of your machines now!

Markup 001

#27 Post by Markup 001 »

ally wrote:nice one!
time to get puppy on the rest of your machines now!
Absolutely ally, I just cant believe the SPEEEEED of the tired little thing that has sat in a cupboard for so long. I am currently researching what version of Puppy will suit my HP Pavillion tx2000 and as soon as I've settled on one its going on there.

I will get the frugal install to disk that I mentioned carried out shortly and then I will get onto the downloads you have given me the locations of.

I really do hope that in time the situation arises (or perhaps I shouldnt) where I can be of some assistance to you, because your help has been absolutely invaluable to me and has made me wonder why I havent thought Linux before now. I worked online for 12 years too and still it never fell to me to question the use of Windows - seriously wish I had now.

Off I go to the "How To's" for the dummys route to a frugal install..... much enjoyment this end!

ally

#28 Post by ally »

have a look at fadog64, the latest is 620beta1 for the HP

boots in 12 seconds on my lenovo t61, a little different from 'normal' puppies but it won't take too long, it is really fast

puppy versions boil down to personal preference really but it is VERY easy to run more than one and try or flip as you wish - I have several puppies that I use, new stuff for testing, I prefer slacko & fatdog64 as every day and I have 4.12 and 4.31 as they were my introduction to puppy for when I'm feeling nostalgic

I think the easiest way is just to do, download a burn an iso to start (if burning from windows make sure you use an iso burner), once you have one on the hdd you can add others without a cd

shout for help, it's why were all here.....

ps pm your address and I'll send all the rescued puppeee files I have

Markup 001

#29 Post by Markup 001 »

Keef wrote:Ossie Osbourne was from Brum.
Says it all really.

Only joking, just an exiled Yam Yam poking fun at his southern neighbours
:lol: :lol:
Yam Yam
Reminds me so much of a couple of my (slightly) Northern neighbours from back in the day... Hilarious!