PhatSlacko 5.5 - A Microsoft-Apple Replacement <CLOSED>

News, happenings
gcmartin

#41 Post by gcmartin »

Glad to see you extend an Olive Branch.(assuming you know what that means and you dont take offense to that, even) with an "inferred" apology. I hope it is also genuine on your part.

So to you, I extend an OLIVE BRANCH.

I hope there are some lessons learned. I know that I have to be especially diligent in insuring that good meaning is STRONGLY passed on when praising anyone's contribution in this forum. That extends to everyone.

I look forward to seeing you in the future. As always I will try to help when I can. Should we do so, let's agree to work on both Title or Theme of the OP, and derail things as has happened here. I accept my portion of that derailment, but it started before I revisited the thread.

This is the last post to this thread as I am going to EDIT IT AS CLOSED, so you can see. Please dont be offended since "That is still an OP's right to post such".

With your apology to 01Micko, I hope we part agreeing that at the very least, he has produced a very good effort for our community benefit.

Peace be with you.

Q5sys

#42 Post by Q5sys »

gcmartin wrote:Glad to see you extend an Olive Branch.(assuming you know what that means and you dont take offense to that, even) with an "inferred" apology. I hope it is also genuine on your part.

So to you, I extend an OLIVE BRANCH.

I hope there are some lessons learned. I know that I have to be especially diligent in insuring that good meaning is STRONGLY passed on when praising anyone's contribution in this forum. That extends to everyone.

I look forward to seeing you in the future. As always I will try to help when I can. Should we do so, let's agree to work on both Title or Theme of the OP, and derail things as has happened here. I accept my portion of that derailment, but it started before I revisited the thread.

This is the last post to this thread as I am going to EDIT IT AS CLOSED, so you can see. Please dont be offended since "That is still an OP's right to post such".

With your apology to 01Micko, I hope we part agreeing that at the very least, he has produced a very good effort for our community benefit.

Peace be with you.
I have not 'inferred' an apology at all.
And currently I have not apologized to 01Micko, because I do not feel I have insulted him or his work in any way. IF 01Micko comes on this thread and say that I have offended him or his work, I will apologize to him. But until he tells me that I have offended/insulted him... I am not apologizing for something I have not done!

Furthermore I still desire you to apologize to those which you have called liars. I'm not asking you to apologize to me, because I realize you have a personal issue with me and will offer no such apology.... You've made your feelings towards me very clear in your PMs to me in the past.

01micko

#43 Post by 01micko »

Never mind! :lol:

Seems I'm late to the party.. too late to buy popcorn?

Seriously, I don't feel attacked or offended. I believe GC has the best of intentions, though sometimes it is not 100% clear. I do believe he is the BIGGEST fan of PHATSlacko and may have been a bit over enthused.

Been a lot of drama lately :lol: .. I look at it as a bit of "fun", no offence to anyone intended.

Cheers

Appendix: I try to stay neutral in PAE discussions. I try to provide both. A sister distro to PHAT is coming soon, with very similar features under the hood (non-PAE) but in a small iso. Stay tuned.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

gcmartin

#44 Post by gcmartin »

Somehow Q5sys, you really dont get it or don't want to acknowledge you get.

Shame.

James C

#45 Post by James C »

Moving on along now....... :)

Q5sys

#46 Post by Q5sys »

01micko wrote:Seriously, I don't feel attacked or offended.
Thank you for being clear on that. I look forward to your next release. Hopefully the conversation will remain in the thread you create. :lol:

Q5sys

#47 Post by Q5sys »

gcmartin wrote:Somehow Q5sys, you really dont get it or don't want to acknowledge you get.

Shame.
Well you made the claim that I was attacking 01Micko and talking down about his work. He made the statement that he does not feel attacked or offended by anything I said.

Looks like you were wrong about my statements attacking him and his work.

Clearly I am not the one that 'doesnt get it'.

ggg

#48 Post by ggg »

So, this thread is closed?

starhawk

#49 Post by starhawk »

gc, I had not until now seen your post with my name in shouty red type. I am neither amused nor impressed. However, I do think you are WAY out of line. I also think you have your head in the clouds -- in fact, I've thought that for some time.

You know quite well that there is debate as to how useful PAE is. I know you're aware of it, because I've seen the thread and you have posts in it. I am on one side of the PAE debate, because I am affected by it. As it seems, you are on the other. I've kept quiet about it, mostly because --unlike you-- I do not take much pleasure in 'rocking the boat'.

Also, you know (because I've made plenty of indications about this on the forum) that I cannot afford most of the technology that you talk about, and moreso that I have little interest in it. I have technology that works fine for me, as long as things such as PAE don't throw a wrench in it.

I remember quite clearly, once, asking you to take a look at a Puplet I was working on (now abandoned, for very good reasons) and you refused on grounds that it had no webserver capability. While my social life is not as active as some, or even most, people -- I know my share of folks, and not one of them would have a use for a webserver. In fact, I can think of only one person I know who would even recognize what that term even means!

You will note that I have not since repeated my mistake of asking you to look at my work. There's a reason for that, namely that there's no point.

Further, you know --since you are the one doing it-- that very often a new thread appears in this forum, proposing that Puppy take up some new direction regarding some futuristic technology. I can't say how successful that tech is -- but what I can say is, frequently your thread is the only mention I've heard of it, ever, and the only mention I do hear of it afterwards, ever.

You might also note that I have only occasionally attempted to point out to you the facts in the preceding paragraph. I stopped because you were too bullheaded at the time to listen to what I said -- and I didn't want to start a conflict. As I pointed out, above, I don't like to 'rock boats'.

Now, if you have as much experience and knowledge as you claim, I would --as politely as I can-- request that you use it to help us Puppians with our present concepts and goals. If you really must bring up those newfangled fads, then perhaps you should use your claimed abilities to produce a Puplet that has the features and compatibilities you request.

Remember what Puppy is and is not. Puppy is not one person. Puppy is a group of people who contribute what they can for the common good of the community. If all you have is ideas about some flashy new technology that might be really cool, that's fine -- but please be honest about it, and don't be mad at us for pointing it out. If you really are, as you claim, "here to help" then for Pete's sake HELP! I'm sure that there are many regular posters who would be glad to borrow your brilliance if you offer.

I'm actually one of those people -- I would LOVE a few little things that are missing in one Puppy build I'm working on, and if you are --as you have claimed-- quite intelligent, knowledgeable, and experienced, and NOT just someone holding up a sign that says "hey look at this guys it's cool" -- then PLEASE let me know and I'll tell you what I'm looking for. Fair warning: it's on dusty old tech.

On the other hand, if you are not that sort of person after all -- that's OK. Really. Just be honest about it. You don't have to leave, you don't have to be all huffy -- but you should be honest. Honesty's important, for a reason! (Also please do not PM me again trying to paint someone else as a problem when that is not the case. If you do, I'll be glad to forward it to Flash.)

Lastly, something I will say exactly once. (I hope you're listening.) If you do not at all like what I'm saying, that's fine -- just don't read it. Do what I do when I see your threads about these technological fads you are proclaiming as the next thing to take over the planet. Smile wanly (maybe even smirk a bit), shake your head gently, and move on to the next thing of interest. You're not a mod, so you're not obligated to read everything in the forum -- so, if you don't want to, don't. It's that simple. If you don't want to respond to this post, you don't even have to do that. (That said, if the compulsion to reply is simply too strong to resist -- please make sure that you've read and understood my post sufficiently before doing so. Asking questions helps.)

Q5sys

#50 Post by Q5sys »

ggg wrote:So, this thread is closed?
No its not. Gcmartin is not a mod so he cant close a thread. He simply marked it as closed hoping people would ignore it.
You can be sure that he's probably already sent a PM to Flash (a mod) requesting it to be closed and/or deleted completely.

So I'm sure that in short time it'll disappear into the vault of nothingness so that no one can see gcmartins behavior. Once he feels he has lost control over a thread he wants it deleted, so that no one else can see what has been said. He's even stated in this thread that as the OP he feels he has control over it. very anti-communnity mindset if you ask me.

Starhawk,
Well spoken. If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of for a project, feel free to send me a PM. Although it'd probably be better if you made a public post on the forum so that everyone could see it. You'd probably get more responses that way. There are plenty here who will gladly pitch in and offer our skill and knowledge to help another out.

starhawk

#51 Post by starhawk »

Thank you, Q5sys, for your kind words.

A couple of things this makes me think of...

I have a friend who is a psychotherapist. He's helped me through a couple tough decisions and such... great guy. He has a WONDERFUL way of telling who has a problem and who does not, and who 'owns' the problem.

It's very simple: if you're yelling about a problem, that problem is YOURS. This is why blaming other people for what you're caterwauling about doesn't work -- it's not their problem, they don't see it as their problem, so why are YOU yelling about it, unless it's YOUR problem? ;)

Also -- there was a member on here named l0wt3ch, who started doing things that are remarkably similar to what's going on here. He eventually deleted a bunch of his posts and left. Actually -- I'm not sure about the 'left' part, he might've been banned. I don't remember. Either way, he doesn't come here anymore, and I rather suspect if he came back that there'd be a grand show of things. He also tried to charge money for his Puplet, Puppy Studio. Last I heard Puppy Studio had gone back to being free -- guess that charging thing must not've gone so well.

gc, one last thing I do want to say -- I think you're taking everything entirely too seriously here. Maybe you should take a bath or something and cool off for a little while? I'm actually a really nice guy and I think I'd feel bad if you had like a nervous breakdown or something.

So rather than arguing with us, maybe take a break from Puppy (or at least the Puppy Forums) for a week or so, and come back when you're feeling a little more level-headed? If you think you need help with that, PM Flash and ask him to block you for a week.

gcmartin

#52 Post by gcmartin »

Q5sys. Shame, you REALLY DONT GET IT DO YOU???

starhawk

#53 Post by starhawk »

Calm down, dude, we don't need you having a heart attack or an aneurysm or something.

Like I said, I think you're taking this way too seriously. Take a break for a while. Come back when you're feeling better.

What you're doing is bad for everyone's health.

ggg

#54 Post by ggg »

gcmartin,

What is your first, or native, language and for how long have
you attempted to use English?

tlchost

#55 Post by tlchost »

ggg wrote:gcmartin,
What is your first, or native, language and for how long have
you attempted to use English?
Ah Har! :lol:

Q5sys

#56 Post by Q5sys »

gcmartin wrote:Q5sys. Shame, you REALLY DONT GET IT DO YOU???
Someone once said to me...
My daddy has a 2 sentence saying that I still use. "You can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Dont be horse, boy."

This resonates whenever he would use that with his co-worker and especially with me. I have and continue to insure that I drink to understand and digest if something is/can be useful.

I am not so stubborn, that I allow past information to cloud how my interaction of the future guides. Each branch in the road comes not with just experience, but with enlightenment. And, I do recognize Dad's first sentence ... clearly.
Perhaps this 'someone' need to revisit their own statements.

simargl

#57 Post by simargl »

Last edited by simargl on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

raffy

sister of PHAT

#58 Post by raffy »

01micko wrote:A sister distro to PHAT is coming soon, with very similar features under the hood (non-PAE) but in a small iso. Stay tuned.
That will be interesting! I've been using THINslacko and will be eager to try its cousin. :)
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

James C

#59 Post by James C »

Because of the recent pattern of behavior ....... start a thread,create a controversy and then ask for the thread to be removed ........ entire thread is archived up to this point.With a backup....... :)

James C

#60 Post by James C »

To quote myself.....

James C wrote:Moving on along now....... :)