Slacko 5.5's interesting taste in music?

Please post any bugs you have found
jasonmerc

Slacko 5.5's interesting taste in music?

#1 Post by jasonmerc »

I posted this in Bugs because I'm not sure where else it can go. Anyway,

I was downloading Kdenlive 0.8.3 from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=75598 to install onto my desktop, since it is also on my laptop and I really liked it. After downloading, I open up ROX, navigate to my downloads folder, and click on the package to install. The confirmation appears and i grant it permission to install.

Ten minutes later, nothing seems to be happening (my computer is not that slow, so installs this long are unusual). I figure I must've accidentally clicked cancel on the confirmation, so I repeat the process above, attempting to reinstall it.

Ten MORE minutes, nothing is going on. I decide to check the PPM for a (possibly) better supported version of Kdenlive. I find version 0.9.2 in the Slackware 14.0 repositories, and click on it to download. I hit the "examine dependencies" button. This is where it starts to get weird.

As it examines dependencies (it found 33, by the way), a message box pops up saying Kdenlive 0.8.3 installed! Then another one! Then a dialog asks me if I want to download the dependencies. At this time, I look away from the screen to check my phone. Next thing I know, my computer is blasting what sounds like a guitar solo from a rock song (and I'm talking ear-splitting volume here :shock: )! Thanks to me and my easily-frightened personality, I switch off my computer before getting a chance to look at the screen to see if a message or some evil face or something was being displayed :twisted: . I know this was coming from my computer and not my phone because as soon as I turned off the power switch my computer was plugged into, the music stopped.

Did I get some sort of online attack (even though I enabled Puppy's firewall), did I get a virus, or maybe did I activate some sort of easter egg accidentally? Or worse, is my computer... haunted???

Thanks ahead of time :D [/i][/url]

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

Call an old car from the junk yard a virus, then your interest in linux might make you sick.

Good laugh though !

pemasu

#3 Post by pemasu »

Nah. Puppies are just smartphone aware. When Puppy noticed you gave attention to smartphone, it launched Pmusic and you heard the default song, Hoovers, playing.

It just shows how smart Puppy is. Now on, when you answer to the android smartphone, do it as unnoticeably as possible.

jasonmerc

#4 Post by jasonmerc »

Well thanks for the "help", it turns out my friend somehow launched pmusic remotely, and played this Hoovers song, which must've came with the Kdenlive package or something.

By the way, how did you know I had an android smartphone?

don570

/usr/local/apps/defaultaudioplayer

#5 Post by don570 »

/usr/local/bin/defaultaudioplayer is probably the file
that controls the launching of pmusic. It can be changed if you wish.

eztuxer

#6 Post by eztuxer »

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me.
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !