Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Slacko 5.5's interesting taste in music?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
jasonmerc

PostPosted: Thu 28 Mar 2013, 20:10    Post subject:  Slacko 5.5's interesting taste in music?
Subject description: Slacko 5.5 starts playing rock music all of the sudden.

I posted this in Bugs because I'm not sure where else it can go. Anyway,

I was downloading Kdenlive 0.8.3 from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=75598 to install onto my desktop, since it is also on my laptop and I really liked it. After downloading, I open up ROX, navigate to my downloads folder, and click on the package to install. The confirmation appears and i grant it permission to install.

Ten minutes later, nothing seems to be happening (my computer is not that slow, so installs this long are unusual). I figure I must've accidentally clicked cancel on the confirmation, so I repeat the process above, attempting to reinstall it.

Ten MORE minutes, nothing is going on. I decide to check the PPM for a (possibly) better supported version of Kdenlive. I find version 0.9.2 in the Slackware 14.0 repositories, and click on it to download. I hit the "examine dependencies" button. This is where it starts to get weird.

As it examines dependencies (it found 33, by the way), a message box pops up saying Kdenlive 0.8.3 installed! Then another one! Then a dialog asks me if I want to download the dependencies. At this time, I look away from the screen to check my phone. Next thing I know, my computer is blasting what sounds like a guitar solo from a rock song (and I'm talking ear-splitting volume here Shocked )! Thanks to me and my easily-frightened personality, I switch off my computer before getting a chance to look at the screen to see if a message or some evil face or something was being displayed Twisted Evil . I know this was coming from my computer and not my phone because as soon as I turned off the power switch my computer was plugged into, the music stopped.

Did I get some sort of online attack (even though I enabled Puppy's firewall), did I get a virus, or maybe did I activate some sort of easter egg accidentally? Or worse, is my computer... haunted???

Thanks ahead of time Very Happy [/i][/url]
Karl Godt

PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar 2013, 03:00    Post subject:  

Call an old car from the junk yard a virus, then your interest in linux might make you sick.

Good laugh though !
pemasu

PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar 2013, 09:58    Post subject:  

Nah. Puppies are just smartphone aware. When Puppy noticed you gave attention to smartphone, it launched Pmusic and you heard the default song, Hoovers, playing.

It just shows how smart Puppy is. Now on, when you answer to the android smartphone, do it as unnoticeably as possible.
jasonmerc

PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar 2013, 17:30    Post subject:  

Well thanks for the "help", it turns out my friend somehow launched pmusic remotely, and played this Hoovers song, which must've came with the Kdenlive package or something.

By the way, how did you know I had an android smartphone?
don570

PostPosted: Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:38    Post subject: /usr/local/apps/defaultaudioplayer  

/usr/local/bin/defaultaudioplayer is probably the file
that controls the launching of pmusic. It can be changed if you wish.

eztuxer

PostPosted: Sat 06 Apr 2013, 06:39    Post subject:  

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after me.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: