Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 23 Jul 2014, 10:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Dillo - Browser
Page 9 of 9 [125 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
linuxcbon

PostPosted: Thu 14 Mar 2013, 22:45    Post subject:  

Dillo comes with cookies disabled by default.
I could get to gmail.com using this :
Edit /root/.dillo/cookiesrc with geany
Add this line ".google.com ACCEPT_SESSION"
session

PostPosted: Fri 19 Apr 2013, 17:51    Post subject: Dillo-3.0.3 has been released  

From dillo.org:

Quote:
Dillo-3.0.3 has been released!
17-Apr-2013

We've added support for the CSS display property, fine-grained control over hyphenation, a domainrc mechanism to replace filter_auto_requests, UI color preferences, a keybinding to view source, a couple of text selection improvements, some form widget work, keyboard navigation improvements, better window titles, fixed bugs that cropped up, etc. The big news is that work is active on floating elements, but this won't be ready to go inside this release. Stay tuned...

Jasper

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jun 2013, 07:52    Post subject:  

Hi,

I have not discovered how to display all characters properly using dillo - please see my last post on this subject @ http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=665871&sid=f0d1cc2ebefd4f15989ae2c1276f7ebd#665871

If anyone has any new idea(s) on a fix that would be great, however this post is about another small problem, viz:
viewing the above link in dillo (screen width 1024 pixels with size 14 font) I have to use the horizontal scroll bar and I wonder if there is a way to make that post, amongst some others, fit my screen width without reducing my font size?

My regards

session

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jun 2013, 19:03    Post subject:  

Jasper wrote:
...viewing the above link in dillo (screen width 1024 pixels with size 14 font) I have to use the horizontal scroll bar and I wonder if there is a way to make that post, amongst some others, fit my screen width without reducing my font size?

That page is wider because of the box of unwrapped code near the bottom. You can create a style.css file in .dillo and add this:
Code:
.code {font-family: monospace !important; font-size: 8px !important}

I'm sure there's a better way to do that, but it works.

Jasper

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jun 2013, 20:25    Post subject:  

Hi session,

Thank you very much for your interest and for your suggested method (which I had not thought of),

My style.css line currently reads:
Code:
body {background-color: #FFFFFF !important; font-family: Serif !important; color: blue !important}

so I could easily add your "font-size: 8px !important" to that line.
---------------
My method amended my dillorc file line to:
Code:
font_min_size=8

substituting 8 in place of 14.
----------------
When I call Geany from my Task Bar it automatically opens at the file and line that was last amended. So either of our changes is easily reversed.

My regards

Ideally, like Opera, it could auto-wrap the larger text into whatever the available width, but I don't know how to achieve that in any other browser.
Page 9 of 9 [125 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: