Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:50
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
How to set power in PCMCIA slots in Wary 5.3? (ABANDONED)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
VictorVictor5

PostPosted: Sun 24 Feb 2013, 23:06    Post subject:  How to set power in PCMCIA slots in Wary 5.3? (ABANDONED)  

Greetings all,

I'm referencing this topic:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=687579#687579

Now, I was doing some searching on the web and it turns out that my socket isn't getting power to the Cisco card (part AIR-CB21AG-A-K9), even though my modem card is and it works on both sockets. I'm posting this since I didn't see anything on the forums here.

My machine is a Gateway Solo 9100, and the card should work in the system (i.e., I meet Cisco's requirements and then some). I'm running Wary 5.3 from a live CD right now as I continue to work on the install.

I am referencing some of these links to do some searching, but I can't figure out how to configure the socket power, as some of these commands don't work in puppy, i.e., "cardctl", "setpci", and "cardinfo".

Here's where I looked first and it gave me the idea to use "dmesg" where I see on my end:
Code:

pcmcia_socket pcmcia_socket1: cs: unable to apply power.

"Socket1" is where the wireless card is. "Socket0" is the modem and like I said that's fine on both sockets actually.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/help-wireless-pci-card-d-link-wna-1330-on-gateway-solo-9100-laptop-542799/

From the previous link I looked up this one:
http://kernel.osuosl.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/powerbugs.html

And it gave me an idea of what to do, but the "setpci" command doesn't work in Wary 5.3.

Even this link had a cool idea/possible idea (see second & third posts), but again, the command "cardctl" doesn't work.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-148848-start-0.html

Any ideas for the noob?

Thanks!
VV5

Last edited by VictorVictor5 on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 23:16; edited 1 time in total
VictorVictor5

PostPosted: Mon 25 Feb 2013, 23:21    Post subject:  

Ok, I honestly think it's a CardBus "driver" issue.

I hopped on the WinXP partition and tried the latest driver from Cisco, and nothing work. The only thing I didn't check was the CardBus itself, to which I guess I need an updates driver for the Cirrus Logic PD6832.

I take it I would need an updated driver for Wary 5.3 as well?

Thanks!
VV5
adrik

PostPosted: Sat 04 May 2013, 03:34    Post subject:  

My machine is a Gateway Solo 9100, and the card should work in the system (i.e., I meet Cisco's requirements and then some). I'm running Wary 5.3 from a live CD right now as I continue to work on the install.

I am referencing some of these links to do some searching, but I can't figure out how to configure the socket power, as some of these commands don't work in puppy, i.e., "cardctl", "setpci", and "cardinfo"

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to: