Fill in forms in PDFs with Google Chrome

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
tommy

Fill in forms in PDFs with Google Chrome

#1 Post by tommy »

Sometimes I have to use a Windows PC & Acrobat reader to fill in a PDF containing fillable forms.

Today I discovered that Google Chrome can open (ctrl-O) a pdf file and lets you fill in forms, and print correctly those kind of PDF files.
The version of Chrome I have installed in my Lupu 5.25 puppy is: 13.0.782.112 .
I don't know if it works with other versions.
Feedback welcome!

No more need of Windows...

jpeps

#2 Post by jpeps »

As an sfs, I couldn't get it to save the data, and it printed out a blank page. If you have it working, I'll try it later as a pet. I could really use it if it works. Thanks.

tommy

#3 Post by tommy »

Jpeps, I have Google Chrome pre-installed in an italian puplet named Puppit 5.25. At present I don't use other Chrome installations, so I cannot say if the fill-in-forms will work with .pet or sfs.
I point out that Puppit 5.25 has java pre-installed as well, version 1.6.0_14. I don't know if it makes any difference with this particular Chrome 'fill-pdf-form' feature. Do you have java in your Puppy?
Bye!

jpeps

#4 Post by jpeps »

Java shouldn't have anything to do with it. I tried it with Lucid, and got the same behavior with the pet. FoxitReader also does forms, but only on Windows

edit: You can do pdf forms on your android device.

Karl Godt

#5 Post by Karl Godt »

http://www.puppylinux.it/speciali/puppit-525/

Will try the pdf on my old chromes by GrumpyWolfe if i have time.
https://code.google.com/p/mywolfe/downloads/list

jpeps

#6 Post by jpeps »

You can use google-chrome to set up a network printer connection with google drive. Then you can print out any docs or forms from any device.