Handbrake 9.8

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
danneauxs

Handbrake 9.8

#1 Post by danneauxs »

After some searching I found a pet for 9.5 but I'd like the latest.
I searched and searched for a 9.8 pet or sfs but nothing. nor in the PPM.

Can someone tell me if there is a 9.8 for puppy?

I'm just getting my feet wet in linux but my other pc has zorinos and so I can use apt-get and add ppa's but what to do in puppy?

I came across some long involved post about add in repo to PPM but it looked very involved.

Ideally I'd like to learn to fend for myself so what are my options for going about it?
I like puppy better then say ZorinOS but 'right this minute' I need to use handbrake and I can't in puppy so as soon as I post I'll switch over to ZorinOS. I'd rather stay in puppy (lupu 528).

Should I switch versions of puppy? Really just running this one because it was a windows installer version which is what I wanted but now that it's installed it shouldn't be hard to add another frugal version. Although I have spent some time already customizing this one.

TIA
Danneauxs

More info and/or clarification upon request gladly.

dancytron

#2 Post by dancytron »

You can just download the package from the repository manually.

This is the latest lucid version (0.9.6).

https://launchpad.net/~stebbins/+archiv ... ld/3251520

Page with all versions

https://launchpad.net/~stebbins/+archiv ... /+packages

danneauxs

#3 Post by danneauxs »

Thanks.
ONe of those obvious things I missed, guess I was so focused on the PPA at the top of the page I didn't even scroll down.

Danneauxs

danneauxs

#4 Post by danneauxs »

No. I assumed I could download the deb and install it. It asked if I wanted to install, said it was installing, then put a menu entry but wouldn;t run when selected. (v9.6 as you suggested)

Restarted X, rebooted still didn't work. Ran "check dependencies Installed pkg" under puppy setup menu and it said I was missing gtkdialog but running gtkdialog -v in console shows v0.7.21 so...?

I unistalled, rebooted and downloaded the handbrake0.9.5.sfs and loaded it. After it finished loading I was asked if I wanted to run handbrake and I clicked or or yes but it never started. I selected the entry menu/multimedia but nothing happened. Several loads/unloads and reboots later still nothing. Doesn't seem to want to run.

The sad part is that while I was doing this I had time to install handbrake on my spare xp machine and I've ripped 2 movies to mkv's and I still can't get handbrake to run on my puppy.

Well, I don't need it on my puppy pc, but I was hoping to change the other xp machine to run puppy and do need it on that one IF I want to switch it to puppy.

THanks
Danneauxs

dancytron

#5 Post by dancytron »

Try running it from the terminal. Sometimes it will tell you exactly what is missing. Otherwise, Google.

danneauxs

#6 Post by danneauxs »

Thanks dancytron!

Didn't see your post until today then it took me a while to figure out how to run it from the command line.

turns out I was missing
libgudev-1.0
libgstreamer-0.10

After I installed them I got it to start.

Thanks again.
Danneauxs

Pelo

handbrake 9.5

#7 Post by Pelo »

available in Pemasu repository
Polarpup qt4 pets
Frenchies see the tutorial YouTUBE , vidéo en français ici here.