How to upgrade 2.02 hd install to 2.10?

Booting, installing, newbie
davec51

How to upgrade 2.02 hd install to 2.10?

#1 Post by davec51 »

Argghh! Just yesterday I triumphantly installed Puppy 1.2.02. Now I see 2.10 is out. I have downloaded the .iso, but what now? Is there an easy way of upgrading? How do I safely remove the older Puppy from the HD? For now I'm going to burn the image and try it out on my newer machine.

WhoDo

Re: How to upgrade 2.02 hd install to 2.10?

#2 Post by WhoDo »

davec51 wrote:Argghh! Just yesterday I triumphantly installed Puppy 1.2.02. Now I see 2.10 is out. I have downloaded the .iso, but what now? Is there an easy way of upgrading? How do I safely remove the older Puppy from the HD? For now I'm going to burn the image and try it out on my newer machine.
Hi Dave,

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, the Puppy Universal Installer (under Setup on the menu) will automatically detect an earlier version of Puppy and offer you the option to upgrade.

Personally I'm holding off a while until the bugs list isn't so active ... but that's just my cautious nature.

Cheers

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

Upgrading a series 1.x.y installation by overwriting with a series 2.z .iso is less than satisfactory. I should know! I seem to recall some discussion at the time - Search.

ELMIT

#4 Post by ELMIT »

I have 2.02 installed on a 2 G flash drive, which is recognized as a harddisk.

How do I upgrade here to 2.10?
(I have installed already a lot of usefull things, and don`t want to start from scratch again)
BTW, I have looked up first wiki for upgrade, but had not found it there. Maybe your answer we can add to wiki than too.

bye

Ronald