KDE 4.10 - Desktop Environment

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
lvds

#21 Post by lvds »

Hi Jerome,

I read you lost the kde.4.10.sfs package in a crash disk, and the sourceforge repository for precise is indeed empty... Do you have plans for building it again soon ? I think it will be of great benefit to many people :-)
(please please please)

Many thanks for your hard work, it's much appreciated !

Best regards

starhawk

#22 Post by starhawk »

I hope he will rebuild it! I saw a version of Puppy, in the desktop showoff thread, which used KDE -- the look is spectacular! I've always been more partial to GNOME 2.x, but it's only fair for me to try the competition, right? :lol:

Heck, I'm going to try to download the Slacko version and see if I can make it work with my copy of Upup Precise 382.

jejy69, if you do rebuild the KDE 4.10 SFS for Precise, please do test it in Upup Precise 382 -- I can upload the ISO somewhere if need be (russoodle gave me some storage, so I can use that. *IF* I can remember both path and password...)

backi

#23 Post by backi »

Hi Jejy69

Your doing great things with desktop stuff !

Want to ask you politely ..... maybe is there anything possible with E17 ..Enlightenment desktop ? . Its my favourite one .
Cheers .

lvds

#24 Post by lvds »

Hi Jerome and everyone,

I made a fresh install and finally got the KDE running. I have tested intensively but the widgets don't work. For instance system monitors, cpu, ram, these funny things don't work. Clock is ok, but no widgets related to hardware works ; Is it only me or anyone else ?

Eveything else seems ok but you need to be very careful as many settings needs to be done under jwm (gtk settings for instance) and you may have to switch from one to another ... There is some more work to be done also for firefox so it looks like a qt :-)

The fonts are not right and needs to be adjusted, I did it and the simplest way is just to add +1 to their initial size, no need to change font family. Anyway there is only a few fonts.

Some menus seems weird but works right. There is no shutdown button, here is a trick: launch pupcontrol and click on SM button (shutdown manager) :-)

Ah, and, it's blue. A lot. :-D

Barburo

#25 Post by Barburo »

Can anyone re-post the links for KDE Precise that Jejy69 originally posted, but then deleted?
It seems that they worked (Jim1911 gave a thumbs up)
Perhaps someone has a copy on their machine and could upload for others.
I love the speed of precise and would love to try KDE with it.
B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

Jejy69

#26 Post by Jejy69 »

Hello barburo,
I made a new SFS available here :
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=86913
It's light, with more Kde applications ( 99mo ).

Have a nice day !
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Linux distrbution on the Citadel.

Barburo

#27 Post by Barburo »

Thanks Jejy69,
I have downloaded it and I'm testing it out now.
B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

Pelo

Library cddb missing Tellico

#28 Post by Pelo »

Library cddb missing Tellico
where can we find it ?
Thanks to JeJY69 to always be in the leading edge to improve Puppy.

vito

the multi-desktop puppy 13.01

#29 Post by vito »

Dear Mr. loukitchou;

Just wanted to say thanks for putting together what must be one of the most elegant and functional puppys that I've run across and tried over the many years since I discoverred Barry K' goosee site and Puppy Linux.

What progress and evolution to watch this mighty little software become a great os. Thanks for posting the kde 4.10. I'll give it a try, as I was unable to get the 4.9 version working properly.

Thanks Again,
Vito
Asus EEEpc and old dell mini tower / hp deskbox - single core intel
Puppy has really come into its own - thanks for making it beautiful and usable without slowing it down.

vito

kde 4.10

#30 Post by vito »

Installed kde 4.10 in the lxpup 13.01 and it gives the following error;
dbus failed to load, could you call qbus. All other desktop managers are running well with the exception of cinnamon. No worries there I would like to give kde a try though. Thanks for any help that you might be able to give.

Vito

Pelo

Tellico again (collection manager)

#31 Post by Pelo »

Who knows how to compile Tellico. This app runs with KDE 3.5.7. Should run with KDE 4.10, unless a pet package is done. It's a very nice tool that i use with LegacyOS, already installed in the distro.
You can import and export csv files, I.E. gnumeric files can be easily transfered to the nice gui offered by tellico. I failed in compiling because i am only a user, a Puppy user.
Tellico 2.3.7 sfs available for Slacko here

2015 : c'est bon, tellico-2.3.7-slacko_5.4.0.3.sfs: 15 M auquel vous ajoutez le SFS kde-4.10-slacko_5.4.0.3.sfs: 177 M ant tellico runs, if you add libpoppler-qt4-4_0.24.5 too
Attachments
SlackoTellico.jpg
Meeerci Jejy69 !
(46.49 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Pelo

i use KDE357

#32 Post by Pelo »

If nobody interested.. i use KDE357 and newest, but not as decoration, which get yours processsors running for useless, but for applis. (Teenpup and Legacy OS)
See Topic LxQtPUP. No downloads on sourceforge.com and that is a pity. This is a Golden Puppy
Long before Puppy Debian Jejy 69 used repository Debian with Synaptic, Gdebi, Gslapt and so on..
I give a boost, but without hope. Tant pis pour vous..
Attachments
DE chart.png
Kde
(25.15 KiB) Downloaded 148 times