Gateway Solo shuts off while booting Slacko 5.5

Please post any bugs you have found
rickykaricas

Gateway Solo shuts off while booting Slacko 5.5

#1 Post by rickykaricas »

When trying to boot Slacko 5.5 my gateway solo 9550 shuts off, after trying to load "initrd.gz"

There are two theories I have about this

1) When trying to fully install Lubuntu I was able to take windows off the machine but could not get Lubuntu to fully load (computer would crash during the process). So now there is no OS...just the boot manager.

2) In order to load Lubuntu off the disk at all I had to type in some code due to a graphics problem with the graphics card. This worked to load off the disc but did not help me during the full install.

So to be clear the boot manager works and I appear to have a disk with a good iso...but when I put it in the machine it only gets to the second line

"loading: initrd.gz" then it cuts out...completely

Sorry to be such a neiwb but Im certianly trying.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Is the whole computer shutting down or just the display? Do the fans keep running even though the display is dead? Can you hear the hard disk doing its thing?

rickykaricas

"Display"

#3 Post by rickykaricas »

Flash wrote:Is the whole computer shutting down or just the display? Do the fans keep running even though the display is dead? Can you hear the hard disk doing its thing?
The whole thing shuts off. First the screen goes black for a second and the fan speeds up then I hear an audible click followed by the whirl of the hard drive slowing coming to a hault...