Installing pets as root in fatdog 64 (621)

Using applications, configuring, problems
rmcellig

Installing pets as root in fatdog 64 (621)

#1 Post by rmcellig »

I just downloaded FileZilla-3.6.0.2.pet seeing that Filezilla is not in the fatdog repos. When I click on it a message comes up saying that I need to be root to install it. I thought I was already root when I boot into fatdog? What do I need to do to be able to install pets?

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Are you trying to install the PET from within your browser? In Fatdog, a browser session is run by the unprivileged user spot. You need to save the PET, exit from the browser and then install it.

Are you trying to install a 32-bit PET into Fatdog?

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

The pet file is in my /tmp directory. Now when I click on the pet file it offers to install it. I go to install it. There is nothing resembling Filezilla under the internet menu. This is where Filezilla is supposed to be according to the window that appears after installing. I'm confused.

This is the pet I am trying to install:

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-5d721e69.html

rcrsn51

Re: Installing pets as root in fatdog 64 (621)

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

rmcellig wrote:I just downloaded FileZilla-3.6.0.2.pet seeing that Filezilla is not in the fatdog repos. When I click on it a message comes up saying that I need to be root to install it.
I never saw this message. Were you trying to install it from your browser, or not?
The pet file is in my /tmp directory. Now when I click on the pet file it offers to install it. I go to install it. There is nothing resembling Filezilla under the internet menu. This is where Filezilla is supposed to be according to the window that appears after installing.
It's in the Other menu.
Are you trying to install a 32-bit PET into Fatdog?
Yes you are. So I installed the 32-bit-slacko-1.sfs compatibility pack and ran filezilla from the command line with

Code: Select all

start32 filezilla