Mozilla window bar above the top of screen. (Solved, sorta)

Using applications, configuring, problems
puppypilgrim

Mozilla window bar above the top of screen. (Solved, sorta)

#1 Post by puppypilgrim »

..so the window bar is missing and I cannot grab and move the Mozilla window neither can I click on the familiar 3 icons on the top right of the window to minize, maximize and tile.

How do I get that back?

Thanks.

#2 Post by Guest »

you can often hold the alt key and drag with the left mouse button

you can try right clicking the task bar button at the bottom, and clicking maximize

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

That happens to me too. Right click the button in the task bar, then click "Move" and you can then hold the left mouse button down and drag the window wherever you want it.

puppypilgrim

#4 Post by puppypilgrim »

I could not perform any of the suggestions as the dark colored portion of the top part of the window was completely absent. Neither could I slide the window up and down to access. Right clicking all the suggestions only brought up options to save the page or view source.

I ended up going to the .mozilla folder and rename the localstore file. And wah-la Mozilla appeared by default again complete with taskbar.

Thanks.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#5 Post by GuestToo »

if you hold down the alt key and drag the window with the left mouse button, you can usually move the window where you want it ... you can drag anywhere on the window, you do not need to drag the title bar

if you right click the task button on the task bar at the bottom, you should get a menu ... "options to save the page or view source" are what you get when you right click in the actual window, not the bar at the bottom

http://tinypic.com/976wqw.jpg

puppypilgrim

#6 Post by puppypilgrim »

Sorry but my keyboard doesn't do that. I selected the standard US keyboard for Puppy and my hardware is a Fujitsu standard 101 with the nuemeric keys to the right. Holding ALT and clicking anywhere within the window does not allow me to move anything. In addition, ALT -> does not let me go forward within Mozilla as FVWM95 will actually proceed to intercept that command and move the Mozilla window instead.

Any ideas why? All the keys work except that the NUM LOCK light does not light up even when NUM LOCK is on.

rarsa

#7 Post by rarsa »

Mozilla may be in full screen.

To toggle between full screen and normal view press ALT-F11

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

A very annoying bug.

Mine was activated by clicking on the bottom right resize handle. I tried to activate it with the Mozilla within Chubby Puppy 1.0.4

I was just about to report Mozilla now working. Pah! Humbug! It scrolled off the top of the screen - took a lot of trying, before it was pretty easy to set off.

To solve I right click on the menu bar and click maximise or restore.

Has anyone contacted Mozilla? (I haven't :oops: ) - say a little Puppy sent you . . .

:)

Whilst there you might remind them that their icons in the (modern theme) - the secondary default are all envelopes (with arrows in different places) in the email program. That is NOT a good use of icons.

:(

The email program is based on thunderbird and the browser on Firefox.
Excellent progs.
Do we deserve better? Probably not. But perhaps if we ask nicely some kind dinosuar (Mozilla style) will oblige

The pencil thin scrollbar on the right has been normalised again - Hurrah
8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Lobster wrote:A very annoying bug.

<snip>

Has anyone contacted Mozilla? (I haven't :oops: ) - say a little Puppy sent you . . .

<snip>
Are you sure this is a bug in Mozilla and not in the way Puppy incorporates Mozilla?

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#10 Post by Lobster »

Dunno Flash - anyone know?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#11 Post by GuestToo »

Icewm behaves better than Fvwm95
for example, it you run a program with a
-geometry 1024x768 option when your screen res is 800x600, Icewm will open the window basically maximized

it's usually not much of a problem anyway ... just hold the alt key down and drag the window up or down or left or right with the left mouse button (works on almost any Linux distro running X windows)

Freedom

#12 Post by Freedom »

rarsa wrote:Mozilla may be in full screen.

To toggle between full screen and normal view press ALT-F11

Hay rarsa :D

I have tried all the above suggestions on how to move the windows (other than right click the bar button and change the winsow so you can drag it, this has also happened to me and that is how I had to correct it.) and none of them worked for me either.
www.gnu.org
www.PCCleanUp.US

Freedom

#13 Post by Freedom »

Lobster wrote: Has anyone contacted Mozilla? (I haven't Embarassed ) - say a little Puppy sent you . . .
This may not be a Mozilla issue as I have never seen this happen in any other Distro. I have only seen this particular problem in Puppy.

Has any one else seen this in any other distro? Linspire is the best over all distro I have seen for proper set up and operation right out tof the box and even it has problems with Mozilla BUT the problem it has with Mozilla I do not see in any other distro. Just like I know no other distro that has such a razer thin scroll bar in Mozilla. Go to the .pup page and down load Dillo Browser. It does not have the thin scroll bar like Mozilla.
www.gnu.org
www.PCCleanUp.US