Kinda curious

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
HBlaine

Kinda curious

#1 Post by HBlaine »

I know it's probably been discussed somewhere here, but I'm just a bit too lazy to look for it...

I was curious as to why Saluki was discontinued. Were there problems, or did everyone just move on to Carolina/other projects?

I've been quite happy fiddling with Saluki. In fact, I was just getting ready to set up a new install with it, to do some experimenting with VirtualBox off a thumb drive...

Just kind of curious...

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

My understanding is that jemimah, the chief developer of Saluki, had some job issues. IIRC she lost one job and whatever she was able to get after that, while it paid the bills (etc.) it drained her so that she had neither time nor energy nor inclination for Puppy. So she won't be back until she finds a job that "fits" her better.

Given that she's been away for quite a while, and given that the recession in the US (she lives somewhere in Florida IIRC) really only is "over" for the richer folks, I don't see that happening too soon.

The on-the-ground fact is that it's easy to find a job if you don't care (much) where you work or what you do -- McDonald's and Wal*Mart are always hiring. But if you want a /good/ job you're going to be looking for a long, long time. Those are particularly hard to find right now, and they're even harder to get into. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either ill-informed, in denial, or (most likely) both.

I wouldn't expect jemimah back for a long while. I hope wherever she is and whatever she's doing, that she's getting by at least...

nooby

#3 Post by nooby »

It kind of shows how dependent we are on each Dev
to be able to keep circumstances so they have the motivation
or the support for to have time and energy to go with the motivation.

Now she is totally into surviving so fail to have time for puppy.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

HBlaine

#4 Post by HBlaine »

I hate to hear that. I hope things work out for her.

I know the feeling of being out of work, and the sinking feeling as you have to balance out your life. It's nasty. This economy is, as you say, not good.